TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I think what's really interesting as we start to talk about areas reopening theaters is China. It's really telling, as the Indiewire article points out, that China (the world’s second-largest market) has yet to reopen its theaters.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
I think what's really interesting as we start to talk about areas reopening theaters is China. It's really telling, as the Indiewire article points out, that China (the world’s second-largest market) has yet to reopen its theaters.
They did announce last week that they could reopen, just no specific indication as to when. In any case, feels like it's happening imminently there.

The other thing
The dirty secret is that about 1,500 prime locations in major cities yield the most dollars for theaters.
Aka LA, NYC, and Chicago are very important. Atlanta, Miami, Austin might not be enough.

hello guys in germany there's new cases wtf in france no body is respecting what have been done during two months hope everything gonna be okay

kamelgunner wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:41 pm
hello guys in germany there's new cases wtf in france no body is respecting what have been done during two months hope everything gonna be okay
people are ignoring quarantine measures everywhere. this is really depressing

I don’t care what China does. The Chinese are notoriously racist when it comes to their media intake. With a black lead, TENET doesn’t stand much of a chance over there anyways.

ChristNolan wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:53 pm
I don’t care what China does. The Chinese are notoriously racist when it comes to their media intake. With a black lead, TENET doesn’t stand much of a chance over there anyways.
Kobe Bryant and other NBA stars are pretty popular in China though.

ChristNolan wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:53 pm
Seems kind of hypocritical to generalize about an entire country, accusing them of being racist. Not to mention, the accusation is largely unfounded, while there's no question of USA's past (and current) poor treatment of black people.