The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
m4st4 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 10:35 am
Story trailer tomorrow, 7am pt.
Yikes here we go

EDIT: Vader, you're also wrong because Naughty Dog is being forced by YouTube to rescind their copyright strikes/DMCA takedown about pure discussions.

Bacon wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Yikes here we go

EDIT: Vader, you're also wrong because Naughty Dog is being forced by YouTube to rescind their copyright strikes/DMCA takedown about pure discussions.
What's wrong with the official marketing finally re-starting?

Ace

Ace wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 10:01 am
Very interesting, but I'm sad to see the comments and thumbs up and downs turned off. Even with all the stuff going around :-(

This game is dark.

Cannot. Wait.

m4st4 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 12:39 am
Bacon wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Yikes here we go

What's wrong with the official marketing finally re-starting?
The fact that so many people already know what happens and are not happy about it. Them having to disable the like ratio is an obvious indicator of what's going to happen.

I know what you meant because it was so obvious.

Also, good for them? :think:

Obviously Naughty Dog and Sony don't want to turn this into a hate fest it has already become on places like YT and reddit. People spewing hate talk, just pure vile stuff. You won't get people here to comment on the spoilers and the spoilers had no impact on it becoming Top amazon seller in most countries some forty days before the launch so yeah... Interesting to see what happens post launch, with both critics and sales. How far can ND push boundaries of the gaas infected (mostly but thankfully not all) run of the mill medium.

It'll equally be annoying to see people convince themselves the story is good as a "fuck you" to all the people who have been complaining about it being bad from when the leaks happened.

Bacon wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 4:12 pm
It'll equally be annoying to see people convince themselves the story is good as a "fuck you" to all the people who have been complaining about it being bad from when the leaks happened.
I'll gladly stay the hell away from all of that bullshit but no, I don't think it can go any worse than bigots sending racist messages to Neil and Co. And again you're implying.

So, will anyone who appreciates the storytelling here actually 'convince themselves into it'? Actually you know what, forget about it. Spoiler territory

m4st4 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 5:12 pm
Bacon wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 4:12 pm
I'll gladly stay the hell away from all of that bullshit but no, I don't think it can go any worse than bigots sending racist messages to Neil and Co. And again you're implying.

So, will anyone who appreciates the storytelling here actually 'convince themselves into it'? Actually you know what, forget about it. Spoiler territory
You're right on that first point.

And will that happen here? I doubt it. But there are already a lot of fans white-knighting Naughty Dog (which they really don't need) and trying to say the people who are mad have no reason to be mad. Whether or not the ideas and plot points are executed well remains to be seen, but people are right to be annoyed/disappointed by what they've seen (except for the bigots making it a political thing).