TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
^Umm why in the fuck is that not a movie already? That's gold

ChristMAX wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 2:28 am
There’s a 1976 Hungary television film apparently called the end of immortality and a Soviet movie adaptation from 1987 with the same name of the novel which they say follows the book except the ending.

In 2008 New Regency acquired the rights to the novel for a possible film. Also, it seems Ridley Scott has wanted to adapt the film in the past.

I can’t imagine what Nolan has in store for Tenet. And that’s great! I really want to see how he integrated into the story the Sator Square and how he’ll play with it. Nobody has used that before and only a TV series and its books called Catweazle about magic mentions it apparently as a charm.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 8:06 am
ChristMAX wrote:
There’s a 1976 Hungary television film apparently called the end of immortality and a Soviet movie adaptation from 1987 with the same name of the novel which they say follows the book except the ending.

In 2008 New Regency acquired the rights to the novel for a possible film. Also, it seems Ridley Scott has wanted to adapt the film in the past.

I can’t imagine what Nolan has in store for Tenet. And that’s great! I really want to see how he integrated into the story the Sator Square and how he’ll play with it. Nobody has used that before and only a TV series and its books called Catweazle about magic mentions it apparently as a charm.
I've seen both of them, the Hungarian movie is pure trash. :D
just like the 90% of our movies
But the Soviet one was okay.

quervo wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 5:57 pm
ChristMAX wrote:

What did you think of how they handled the concept in the Soviet one?

Anyone else having problems accessing these forums?

Most of the time they are down for me. Simply inaccessible. Now that today they are working they wouldn't let me login using edge (tried deleting cookies, no luck). Had to use firefox to make this comment.

blackColumn wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 4:30 am
Anyone else having problems accessing these forums?

Most of the time they are down for me. Simply inaccessible. Now that today they are working they wouldn't let me login using edge (tried deleting cookies, no luck). Had to use firefox to make this comment.
I've been having problems as well, probably for about one or two weeks. Never accessible on my phone, occasionally accessible on my computer using Safari. Seems like it has been better the past couple of days though.

Yeah, it's been loading slow on my device a lot of the time recently.

I hope they can just announce it asap as we all know it's inevitable.

March 29th, 2020, 10:12 pm
quervo wrote:

March 29th, 2020, 10:12 pm
quervo wrote:

[/quote]

I started to read the novel first, because I loved the idea, but for some reason I don't like Asimov's style (or the translation), so I dropped it, then I watched the movies. So unfortunately I can't compare it to the original material. It was quite a while ago, so I can't recall all my memories, I remember only a few things: I loved it overall, it had unique stage designs (cave-like interiors), which made it easier to believe the story is set in the distant future, but it didn't operate with a bunch of extras, only 3-4 actors max in each scene. It was like a long, dark, soviet Doctor Who episode. I'm going to rewatch it soon.

It's definitely going to be delayed, but probably won't be announced until late May. They are probably going to see what happens last minute and then announce.