Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
4N Legend wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 10:05 am
I'm soooo on board with this season. Great episode, great easter eggs, great music..

My biggest concern is these damn fighting scenes, what the fuck is going on there.

Edit: As an architect, I'm melted over how much the Nolan brothers appreciate architecture
the fight scenes in this show are the funniest thing since "you're not dreaming now are yah"

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 6:13 pm
4N Legend wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 10:05 am
I'm soooo on board with this season. Great episode, great easter eggs, great music..

My biggest concern is these damn fighting scenes, what the fuck is going on there.

Edit: As an architect, I'm melted over how much the Nolan brothers appreciate architecture
the fight scenes in this show are the funniest thing since "you're not dreaming now are yah"

-Vader
It is absolutely hilarious. Stubbs and an Axe against 6 WW security guards with guns, and the guards literally run away with guns in their hands VERSUS Maeve stabbing a nazi in the eye with a pill and killing him. I can't pick my favorite.

I fucking love what they're doing with this season. Newton is so good, once again. I loved how this episode was basically all of Westworld into one episode and the fact that
they concluded the different timelines and Maeve getting out of the loop is all the better
Production design is top tier and costumes are beautiful, the locations are great. VFX are pretty impressive, too.

I wish I could see this in UHD/HDR, I love that they shoot the whole thing on film but man it's such a stunning production I can only imagine how much that format would improve. Suffice to say, the first season's cinematography wasn't exactly the best of the best but I think even that season could benefit greatly from HDR. The second season looked beautiful though.

But I gotta say again, where they're steering this season to or just as least the fact that
we're in the real world now is so exciting, I love that there's a rival company to Delos, I love that the humans are in on solving this problem and the new settings just work so well for pushing the story forward. Moving out of the park(s) is the best thing they could've done
As for the parks
I honestly don't care much about that whole D&D cameo thing but I guess it's nice for Nolan and Joy because they seem to be good friends with D&D
Sixth park could be Futureworld... Right?

What do you mean by D&D cameo

Pratham wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 1:51 am
What do you mean by D&D cameo
They were the two techs who had tracked down a buyer in Costa Rica for the dragon from the medieval park.
I thought it was a fun little cameo, but like most things twitter had to be awful about it.
Last edited by radewart on March 26th, 2020, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

also Luke Hemsworth is an absolute unit

Tessa Thompson and Aaron Paul was really good in today's episode and so was some of the cinematography. Really digging the self-containment feel of these episodes.

The architecture and the way it is filmed is breathtaking. Digging this season so far. Really like how each episode is sorta focused on only one or two characters at a time. Also, have enjoyed the scenes with Aaron Paul and Wood.
Who is the intelligence inside the new Charlotte? I first thought it would be Teddy, but I forgot that he went into the "valley beyond" in season 2..

This season man, *gasms*

I loved how focused this episode was on identity and free will. Even though the last two seasons basically were all about free will, them having incorporated a human character like Caleb and basically applying the same to him is just gold.

Not to forget that Thompson just owns this. I mean holy shit, I loved her self assured giving zero fucks Charlotte from season 1 and 2 but man,
not only added they another layer to human-Charlotte the part Thompson got to play here is just amazing and she makes it work so well. I'm even more impressed by her range.
Also, Dolores also benefits a lot from this season. Not to discredit her character and character development from the past two seasons but by
making her a maternal figure to Faux-Hale and by aligning her arc with Caleb is just gold. Just like how great the inclusion of Caleb is on it's own.
Man, I'm really loving this. The aesthetic is also just so on damn point. It looks gorgeous, from a production stand-point to costumes, cinematography just damn. They're really firing on all cilinders.

I keep on loving that they decided to
make the real world central stage, it's not only the most exciting location to be when it comes to this story, they just really knock it all out of the park
My guess on who
Faux-Hale is, it's Angela, right?

I'm...really liking this season. The Lindelofian POV-centric structure is keeping the narrative lean and focused while keeping up momentum. The production value is fucking insane.

That said, Dolores vs Maeve couldn't be less interesting and I'm hoping it goes somewhere else with it, as I've said before. Still, very intrigued.

-Vader