Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 6:30 pm
Return of the Jedi is not bad by any metric.
The best part of that film is the part in Jabba's palace and the puppets/creatures. The stuff with the Emperor has potential if he wasn't so damn repetitive in his dialogue.

Batfan175 wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 5:09 pm
anikom15 wrote:
The best part of that film is the part in Jabba's palace and the puppets/creatures. The stuff with the Emperor has potential if he wasn't so damn repetitive in his dialogue.
The speeder bike chase has better editing than the entire sequel trilogy.

This movie was a COVID ground zero.

anikom15 wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 2:35 am
Batfan175 wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 5:09 pm
anikom15 wrote:
The speeder bike chase has better editing than the entire sequel trilogy.
Agreed.

JJ really embarrassed himself with this quote in the BTS. He literally sounds like Ben Shapiro or Max Landis. :facepalm:

I know that I know better than to respond such an asinine, pig-headed post, but I had a really bad day, so I say with all sincerity, fuck off with that shit dude

why do you even post when you know it's literal nonsense

-Vader

Her “power” having to be “explained” is a talking point they literally had so nothing asinine about it. Everyone’s having a bad day these days. Most of the comments on the tweet including Lindsey herself are in full agreement with me.

acting like it wasn't one of the main criticisms of Rey in TFA and TLJ widespread through all levels of fandom, including by women, rather than exclusively the opinion of dark web far right pundits and literal rapists, is pretty asinine yes

she learns to be as powerful as Yoda about 2 days after she learns the force, so yeah, amazing how it's possible to hold that opinion without being sexist garbage

-Vader

Glad the key “Mary Sue” question was answered for him. Look most people who were so butt-hurt about her powers were indeed the sexists, it’s not far fetched. It’s not all that different than Luke and Anakin in their trilogies yet there’s not a single question about them. If pointing that out is “pig-headed” so be it. I’m not even pissed JJ made her a Palpatine but this quote is just bad.