Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
slife wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 2:58 pm
Hello. As I’ve watched bootleg version of Prologue, I’ve decided to share with you one interesting detail.
First, I’m from Russia, and I’ve watched Prologue in here, of course, at IMAX theater. And, as always, English language was dubbed in Russian and Ukrainian was translated by subtitles. And in theater it was simple: “wake up the Americans”, “what are you doing” “it’s not the guy!” was in Ukrainian with Russian subs.

But then I’ve decided to watch camrip with original (English) soundtrack and…. Only one line has survived: “Че ти робиш?” (What are you doing?). The final line is clear in Russian: “Это не он” (It’s not him). And I have no freaking idea what language he spoke “Wake up the Americans”. So, what? Russian translators are messing up some things with redubbing non-English speakers. Or our translators are trying fix some things?
Subtitles are a bit different from what the driver actually says - he says "Прокидайтесь, американці!" ("Americans, wake up!" in Ukrainian), while we read belove “wake up the Americans”. The differense is quite subtle (and hard to notice), therefore I doubt that this discrepancy might be significant for decoding the message of the movie.
Later real SWAT asks JDW "Що ти робиш? Хто ти?" ("What are you doing? Who are you?" in Ukrainian), the sub-s are correct.
The guy in the van exclaiming "It’s not him" in Russian, as I understand, is a Russian character.

StanisLOVE wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 4:25 am
Subtitles are a bit different from what the driver actually says - he says "Прокидайтесь, американці!" ("Americans, wake up!" in Ukrainian), while we read belove “wake up the Americans”. The differense is quite subtle (and hard to notice), therefore I doubt that this discrepancy might be significant for decoding the message of the movie.
Later real SWAT asks JDW "Що ти робиш? Хто ти?" ("What are you doing? Who are you?" in Ukrainian), the sub-s are correct.
The guy in the van exclaiming "It’s not him" in Russian, as I understand, is a Russian character.
Ok. But in Russian version the driver actually says: “Розбуди Американців”. And the final line is actually: “Це не він”, it’s mean that he speaks Ukrainian in Russian version of Prologue.

Also, yes, now I’m kinda hear how driver in original version says: “Прокидайтесь, Американці!”. But it’s not clear, with some accent, more like “… Американсты”, then in Russian version it’s absolute clear “Розбуди Американців” with rus subs “Разбуди Американцев”.

slife wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:24 am
StanisLOVE wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 4:25 am
Ok. But in Russian version the driver actually says: “Розбуди Американців”. And the final line is actually: “Це не він”, it’s mean that he speaks Ukrainian in Russian version of Prologue.

Also, yes, now I’m kinda hear how driver in original version says: “Прокидайтесь, Американці!”. But it’s not clear, with some accent, more like “… Американсты”, then in Russian version it’s absolute clear “Розбуди Американців” with rus subs “Разбуди Американцев”.
They have dubbed Ukrainian with Ukrainian for Russian version? Or is it a differently voiced original version of the movie for Russian market?

StanisLOVE wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 4:23 am
They have dubbed Ukrainian with Ukrainian for Russian version? Or is it a differently voiced original version of the movie for Russian market?
They have dubbed final Russian line with Ukrainian. And first Ukrainian(?) line with Ukrainian. Everything else that they speak in the middle wasn’t touched. And all English is dubbed with Russian, of course. The reason of this is unclear for me.

slife wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 11:05 am
StanisLOVE wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 4:23 am
They have dubbed final Russian line with Ukrainian. And first Ukrainian(?) line with Ukrainian. Everything else that they speak in the middle wasn’t touched. And all English is dubbed with Russian, of course. The reason of this is unclear for me.
Weird...
However, dubbing Nolan's movie almost inevitably results in distortion of meaning (even without such purpose) given the amount of wordplay, clues in the names, homonyms etc.
Hopefully, there will be opportunity to watch the original movie without dubbing, or to get a screenplay (which would be even better!).

Could someone please share the good quality prologue?

I have a new version... The quality is alright, the light is kind of ughh sometimes, but the entire image is there though. Anyone interested?

StanisLOVE wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 4:08 am
Weird...
However, dubbing Nolan's movie almost inevitably results in distortion of meaning (even without such purpose) given the amount of wordplay, clues in the names, homonyms etc.
Hopefully, there will be opportunity to watch the original movie without dubbing, or to get a screenplay (which would be even better!).
After the Dark Knight Rises (where were changed doctor’s surname from Pavel to Pavlov, cause Pavel is kinda weird surname for Russian man) I’m afraid what if they trying to fix some stuff? What if the final line in screenplay was declared as Ukraine?

User of Interest wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 4:42 am
I have a new version... The quality is alright, the light is kind of ughh sometimes, but the entire image is there though. Anyone interested?
I'd love it! Please send =)

User of Interest wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 4:42 am
Pm me link pls