Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm
Steven Spielberg Won’t Direct ‘Indiana Jones 5,’ James Mangold in Talks to Replace
After a long development process, Steven Spielberg is handing the directing reins on “Indiana Jones 5” to another filmmaker for the first time in the franchise’s 39 year history, Variety has learned.

Sources say that while a deal hasn’t closed, “Ford v Ferrari” director James Mangold is in talks to take the job.

Spielberg will remain as a hands-on producer on “Indy 5.” According to a source close to the filmmaker, the decision to leave the director’s chair was entirely Spielberg’s, in a desire to pass along Indy’s whip to a new generation to bring their perspective to the story.

With a new director coming on board, the possibility that “Indy 5” will push once more from its 2021 release date seems likely. Spokespeople for Spielberg and Disney declined to comment.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ste ... ssion=true
ugh

out

Ace wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm
Steven Spielberg Won’t Direct ‘Indiana Jones 5,’ James Mangold in Talks to Replace
After a long development process, Steven Spielberg is handing the directing reins on “Indiana Jones 5” to another filmmaker for the first time in the franchise’s 39 year history, Variety has learned.

Sources say that while a deal hasn’t closed, “Ford v Ferrari” director James Mangold is in talks to take the job.

Spielberg will remain as a hands-on producer on “Indy 5.” According to a source close to the filmmaker, the decision to leave the director’s chair was entirely Spielberg’s, in a desire to pass along Indy’s whip to a new generation to bring their perspective to the story.

With a new director coming on board, the possibility that “Indy 5” will push once more from its 2021 release date seems likely. Spokespeople for Spielberg and Disney declined to comment.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ste ... ssion=true

This is good news. I'd rather Spielberg do other stuff anyway.

-Vader

True but

What about my Dylan epic with Timothée, James?

I think this is fantastic news. Mangold is one of the best filmmakers today, if not one of the most underrated.

Also, this type of movie isn't suitable for Spielberg anymore. It was in the 80s. He's old. It sucks, but it's true. He's one of the best directors ever and one of my favorites, but he's at his best now when doing Bridge of Spies and The Post and Lincoln. He's dropping the ball when he does BFG and Ready Player One and Tintin. Indiana Jones needs a younger filmmaker who can bring energy.

Harrison Ford is a whole other topic, lol. But he did do a great job in Force Awakens.

I don't care.

:googles Harrison Ford 2020:

I really don't care.

Ford does look fantastic still.

Wish Mangold was doing better stuff.

Vader182 wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 4:09 pm

-Vader
while i agree, i'd rather it just not exist at all. i'd rather Indy retire forever and be a Spielberg series

Michaelf2225 wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 11:36 am
Vader182 wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 4:09 pm

-Vader
while i agree, i'd rather it just not exist at all. i'd rather Indy retire forever and be a Spielberg series
By saying “out”’ you implied you were in prior.