The Netflix Club

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Oh fuck yes. the sequel to my favorite movie of the last decade, Tall Girl, has a sequel, Horse Girl. Allison Brie is in it so the annoying smelly nerd dudes who liked her in Community might watch it.

I've been watching that ice skating show Spinning Out. I can't remember everyone's names but the show is really good. I have like two episodes left. And Omg I love January Jones.

Has anybody watched Sex education? I guess not since I haven't seen pictures of Ncuti Gatwa or Emma Mackay in the Hollywood crush thread.
Not a masterpiece, but very nice, good characters, intesresting topics tackled with honesty and care.

Demoph wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Has anybody watched Sex education? I guess not since I haven't seen pictures of Ncuti Gatwa or Emma Mackay in the Hollywood crush thread.
Not a masterpiece, but very nice, good characters, intesresting topics tackled with honesty and care.
I’ve watched it, it definitely has a super strong heart at the right place, but the actual dramaturgy is too lazy and clichéd.

Artemis wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 5:18 pm
I've been watching that ice skating show Spinning Out. I can't remember everyone's names but the show is really good. I have like two episodes left. And Omg I love January Jones.
Spinning Out? More like Thrown Out. They cancelled the show already smh

Oh my god I fucking love Horse Girl.

Horse Girl

Funky.

Brie is fantastic in this.

Cilogy wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 8:32 pm
Horse Girl

Funky.

Brie is fantastic in this.
Yeah her performance is amazing
she really plays the character's awkwardness really well and the scene in the cemetery was great.
Idk what I was expecting from this film but it was a novel experience. However
the ending did let me down. So it really is aliens abducting her? No more insight into the mental health angle?

For those of you who really liked "Uncut Gems", the Safdie brothers' "Good Time" is on Netflix.