The Crown (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

will meghan and harry be in the final season?

Given Staunton's age, I think the show will end around the year 2000.

I'm currently at episode 7 of season 3. The first episode was a bit iffy tbh, getting used to the cast of course but I didn't like the story very much. From episode 2 on it gets a lot better. Aberfan and The Prince of Wales episodes were top tier, definitely some of the best episodes they've made. Colman, Menzies, Carter and O'Connor are all incredible. Dance, Watkins and Lapotaire are very very good too.

I mean, I can sort of get behind why they'd want to end the show somewhere before now rather than catch up until now and only to end then because they've caught up with real life lol.

But I am a bit sad we'll never get to see Rampling playing Elizabeth II in this show...

Julie Walters for Margaret plz.

good choice

Come to think of it, ending this show with Margarets death would be a fitting and touching end imo.

Even though I like Tobias more than Matt, Moondust was perhaps the most trying episode of Season 3. I had enough of Philip's whining already. :lol:
Nomis wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 6:08 pm
Come to think of it, ending this show with Margarets death would be a fitting and touching end imo.
spoiler alert damnit

There's so much juicy stuff going on recently with the Royal family, Harry/Meghan and Prince Andrew/Epstein, they should just keep going.

Pratham wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 12:33 am
Even though I like Tobias more than Matt, Moondust was perhaps the most trying episode of Season 3. I had enough of Philip's whining already. :lol:
Nomis wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 6:08 pm
spoiler alert damnit
lol

I've finally seen this with my wife (she's a BIG fan of the royal family so this was a repeat for her). It's a bit of a rollercoaster. Some of the drama felt very mundane and non-exciting but most of the episodes really hit you hard. I think the best ones happen during the biggest events in human history and I like this show the most when it deals with historical worldwide events from the perspective of the royal family.

Also: Foy > Colman

funniest scene in the series was

victor frankenstein after margaret and tony's fight: