Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 3:29 pm
I don’t know why you guys are still hating on this lol.. it’s a good movie that everyone loves.. get over it
So it's not allowed to express opinions just because they're not representing the majority? :think:

Forum Pro
Law
Nistopher Colon wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Law wrote:
I don’t know why you guys are still hating on this lol.. it’s a good movie that everyone loves.. get over it
So it's not allowed to express opinions just because they're not representing the majority? :think:
Constantly talking shit and discussing the movie are two different things.

Law wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Nistopher Colon wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Law wrote:
Constantly talking shit and discussing the movie are two different things.
honestly if some people are constantly obsessing over this movie then why can’t other people shit on it...constantly?

like i don’t really like this movie, i loved phoenix, i loved the technical aspects, even recognized daddy todd’s directing potential and range.... but i don’t love it anyway. it’s empty and it’s vapid and given its initial intent, that’s almost more horrible than the film being consciously dumb, and people are acting like they had some transcendent experience of their lives and everyone who doesn’t is “salty”

also pretty sure phoenix will come around and probably hate making this film at some point too since the obsessive stans are now following him around while he pees in public urinals and what not

There is a difference though. You're choosing to spend your free time online with something you either love or hate. But why go back to something that gives you discomfort and negative energy? Is it because it's massively successful and popular so there's a note of frustration with the fact involved or is it because we tend to cling onto negative/rant culture far too often online?

People who disliked this movie are basically collectively acting like Batfan in every MCU thread.

People who are obsessively liking it... Need to handle criticism better.

What I can't get though is those who are calling it absolute trash. No. Go watch Batman and Robin or Suicide Squad instead.

Ruth wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 4:48 pm
also pretty sure phoenix will come around and probably hate making this film at some point too since the obsessive stans are now following him around while he pees in public urinals and what not
I think he's already at this point. I feel any celebrity would feel that way with the way people are being so hostile about this mediocre film being a masterpiece.

considering what a cock Phoenix was at the globes and in press lately, he actually seems to be eating this all up

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:57 pm
considering what a cock Phoenix was at the globes and in press lately, he actually seems to be eating this all up

-Vader
He probably finds it bat-shit hilarious, which it is.

I'd be more apt to simply make fun of the Joker stans if I didn't see so much conservative ideologies tied to it. Is this the way people saw TLJ haters?
Last edited by Bacon on January 14th, 2020, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law wrote:
lol

Btw, loved what m4 said. Focus on stuff you like, not what you dislike. It’s a healthier approach.
Last edited by Allstar on January 14th, 2020, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't think being an asshole to other people just doing their job hilarious

-Vader

am out of touch with celebs and wasn’t following phoenix potentially being a dick to anyone, but imo his golden globes speech just seemed less someone being an asshole and more someone having an anxiety attack