2019-2020 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Are North Africans black?

People are alwyas going to be mad when nominations are announced, and you can't please everybody and Best actor and supporting actor are the best examples of it (I mean, who would you not nominate to put De Niro, Egerton, Dafoe...?), but overall, it's quite a good list. The biggest award contender are there.
Of course Ad Astra should have been nominated for everything, of course Hidden life is one of the best cinematography of the year, and obviously what I would have nominated is the best list possible and every difference between my list and theirs is obviously their mistake because my tastes in art are the truth, deal with it, but overall, Parasite, Irishman, Little Women all have quite a lot of nominations so why spend too much time complaining?

Hard to believe that they nominated that lame Forky song over Menken's Speechless. Idiots :facepalm:

At least the mediocre Beyonce song was also ignored.

They snubbed Thom Yorke's spectacular song from Motherless Brooklyn (and the jazz renditions of it also).

BREAKING NEWS: Academy award nominations bland, uninsightful.

I'll keep you guys updated on this as more info arrives. 2020 just began and this may be the story of the decade

Master Virgo wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 6:54 pm
Hard to believe that they nominated that lame Forky song over Menken's Speechless. Idiots :facepalm:

At least the mediocre Beyonce song was also ignored.
I don’t think Speechless is particularly Oscar-worthy.

But we don’t need to pretend Forky song and Frozen II modal mixture are any better. (I literally forgot Forky song exists.)

Glad Parasite and Little Women over performed, disappointed Joker did too, angry at the exclusions.

About how the Academy does it.

-Vader

Still so mad about Lopez’s snub.

Would be the first time in the history of Disney that they have two horses in the race.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 8:08 pm
BREAKING NEWS: Academy award nominations bland, uninsightful.

I'll keep you guys updated on this as more info arrives. 2020 just began and this may be the story of the decade
Who knows what the rest of the decade might bring?! Keep us updated Chekhov descendant pls!