TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 11:34 am
senseandsarcasm wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:49 am
speedy117 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:16 pm

This shot looks really good! What do you guys think the gas masks are for?
I'm guessing when zipping through time, there is no oxygen? :shifty:
I have heard this theory, but how would that make sense? We've seen time reverse and they aren't wearing it. Maybe use them before time reverses? Idk
It makes 100% sense. We haven't seen a single footage where the one who lives backwards (proven) is wearing it. Only exception could be Debicki in the car next to Branagh (end of prologue), but she seems to be in trouble, so she may be suffocating then. BTW I think there's oxygen but you can't breathe it.

For years, Christopher Nolan fans yearned for the filmmaker to do a James Bond movie. Instead they'll get this mysterious spy thriller that, like his twisty heist film "Inception," uses its genre "to give an audience a sort of familiar grounding at the beginning of the tale, but then take them someplace hopefully they haven't been before," says Nolan, who grew up "loving that idea about escapist cinema and a movie that can take you all over the world and follow one particular character through a great adventure." The hero of "Tenet," played by John David Washington, is "a very kinetic" figure "with the ability to draw an audience in (where) you watch the story through their eyes."
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2754571001 ... ssion=true

Time machine / portal confirmed

Forum Pro
Again, Nolan has said that JDW is the hero of the film. I don’t know what more he has to say for it to sink in with some people.

I think there will be a very specific reason why one room is lit up in a red light while other in a blue light...as seen in the latest movie still.

pk12 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:09 pm
I think there will be a very specific reason why one room is lit up in a red light while other in a blue light...as seen in the latest movie still.
It seems to be the same window we saw in the trailer next to the rotating thing (around 1:06). And I found another red/blue connection: in the end (of the trailer) on JDW's side we can se a straight blue line, while on Pattinson's side there is something red on the floor, maybe a big '1'.

The Special One wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:03 am
Lance Klusenar, former Screenwriter at William Morris Endeavor

I know someone who read the early draft of the script for this movie.
The summary is basically, someone/organization is trying to bury the truth about unexplained murders of politicians. That’s what we see in the teaser trailer. John David Washington stumbles upon a crime scene just when it is about to be erased. The bullet holes through a glass panel are about to disappear when he inspects them.

From there he goes to various spies from different continents/countries trying to find clues and secrets about the people who are assassinating these politicians without any trace. Ultimately its involves some sort of time manipulation and reverse time loops which he overcomes to uncover the truth and expose the truth before civil unrest settles in.
Remember how the first draft of Interstellar was radically changed when Nolan took over? At any rate, even if this is true does it matter? It would be like saying North By Northwest was impacted based on knowing what was in the microfilm - Hitchcock didn’t care - it was only a macguffin - which is where Nolan similarly makes movies entertaining based on their structure and and everything else that goes with it. Even if you knew the spoiler you wouldn’t know how he’s going to entertain us within his cinematic art form.

quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm
pk12 wrote:
It seems to be the same window we saw in the trailer next to the rotating thing (around 1:06). And I found another red/blue connection: in the end (of the trailer) on JDW's side we can se a straight blue line, while on Pattinson's side there is something red on the floor, maybe a big '1'.
You are absolutely right! Nice find, whatever that room with bulletholes in the glass is, it is for sure somehow connected to the bigger room with red/blue light parts, maybe a smaller scale replica or there is some pass through between these two places

Joshua Strong wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 12:02 pm
Again, Nolan has said that JDW is the hero of the film. I don’t know what more he has to say for it to sink in with some people.
- this forum, probably

quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 11:44 am
speedy117 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 11:34 am
senseandsarcasm wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:49 am

I'm guessing when zipping through time, there is no oxygen? :shifty:
I have heard this theory, but how would that make sense? We've seen time reverse and they aren't wearing it. Maybe use them before time reverses? Idk
It makes 100% sense. We haven't seen a single footage where the one who lives backwards (proven) is wearing it. Only exception could be Debicki in the car next to Branagh (end of prologue), but she seems to be in trouble, so she may be suffocating then. BTW I think there's oxygen but you can't breathe it.
What do you mean lives backwards?
pk12 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:54 pm
quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm
pk12 wrote:
You are absolutely right! Nice find, whatever that room with bulletholes in the glass is, it is for sure somehow connected to the bigger room with red/blue light parts, maybe a smaller scale replica or there is some pass through between these two places
I think maybe the smaller room is a version that the bad guys made. Think of it this way. Good guys have time manipulation technology, and the bad guys recreated it on a smaller scale.
Joshua Strong wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 12:02 pm
What are people saying?
Last edited by Ruth on January 3rd, 2020, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop double posting