TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
It's Nolan watch because his don't work normally and was perfect for this movie.

After the keyword of the trailer which is
Möbius
the official poster makes more sense to me.

Speculation time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2hsSMhCgAY In this video around 4 minutes we can see the concept behind the poster. So, if we imagine time itself as a 2D strip, we can make loops but with (literal) twists. Even the portrayal of time in a picture (which is basically a frame of time) is only possible with space dimensions, so I think whatever happens in this movie is time's equivalent to an upside down world which was partly portrayed in Cobb and Ariadne's dream. I was in team Inception for a long time, but now I think they won't share the same universe, but maybe Tenet will deal with the ideas that Nolan wanted to work with in Inceptionverse.

quervo wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 3:47 pm
After the keyword of the trailer which is
Möbius
the official poster makes more sense to me.

Speculation time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2hsSMhCgAY In this video around 4 minutes we can see the concept behind the poster. So, if we imagine time itself as a 2D strip, we can make loops but with (literal) twists. Even the portrayal of time in a picture (which is basically a frame of time) is only possible with space dimensions, so I think whatever happens in this movie is time's equivalent to an upside down world which was partly portrayed in Cobb and Ariadne's dream. I was in team Inception for a long time, but now I think they won't share the same universe, but maybe Tenet will deal with the ideas that Nolan wanted to work with in Inceptionverse.
:clap:

If anybody has seen the set gift Instagram post, I caught onto something that seems a little off...
If you look at the sator square gift, the bottom word is rotaG, rather than rotaS. There is no historical evidence/occurrence of the sator square containing the letter "G" in any square. So I'm assuming this is where Nolan puts his own special touch in play. Not sure what the significance of this is yet, but I just thought I'd point it out. Additionally, if you have seen the prologue, notice that the opening shot pans out and you see that the audience in this particular section is in Row G at the Opera house + when JDW goes back out in the audience to dismantle the charges, it appears that they were only planted in one section (maybe Row G?) If Tenet does in fact follow a storyline that is a palindrome, I assume that there will also be some significance here too.

rotas wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 9:14 pm
If anybody has seen the set gift Instagram post, I caught onto something that seems a little off...
If you look at the sator square gift, the bottom word is rotaG, rather than rotaS. There is no historical evidence/occurrence of the sator square containing the letter "G" in any square. So I'm assuming this is where Nolan puts his own special touch in play. Not sure what the significance of this is yet, but I just thought I'd point it out. Additionally, if you have seen the prologue, notice that the opening shot pans out and you see that the audience in this particular section is in Row G at the Opera house + when JDW goes back out in the audience to dismantle the charges, it appears that they were only planted in one section (maybe Row G?) If Tenet does in fact follow a storyline that is a palindrome, I assume that there will also be some significance here too.
Yes, I also caught that and it really made me think :D Or it can be a simple "inside joke" for those who took part in filming.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 4:14 am

I didn’t see Parasite in the list unless I missed it. If it’s not there then this list means nothing lol
Just watched Parasite. Epic! Restored my faith in Palme D'or.
It starts how The Irishman ends.

Uncanny how relevent rogerebert.com review is to our previous discussion :

It’s so clichéd at this point in the critical conversation during the hot take season of festivals to say, “You’ve never seen a movie quite like X.” Such a statement has become overused to such a degree that it’s impossible to be taken seriously, like how too many major new movies are gifted the m-word: masterpiece. So how do critics convey when a film truly is unexpectedly, brilliantly unpredictable in ways that feel revelatory? And what do we do when we see an actual “masterpiece” in this era of critics crying wolf? Especially one with so many twists and turns that the best writing about it will be long after spoiler warnings aren’t needed? I’ll do my best because Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” is unquestionably one of the best films of the year. Just trust me on this one.

Off topic - but its been an excellent year for film, and Parasite is unquestionably the years best and one of the best of the decade.

Considering Bong Joon-Ho is amongst Nolan and few others who's filmography that I follow obsessively over the past 20 years. This whole thing is the kinda validation that I felt when Dunkirk got all it's awards love 2 years ago.

DHOPW42 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 7:43 am
rotas wrote:
Yes, I also caught that and it really made me think :D Or it can be a simple "inside joke" for those who took part in filming.
haha, after closer investigation
I think that he must have flipped one of the cubes around before he took the photo

rotas wrote:
I think it's just a puzzle, there are cubes which contain letter I and H, neither of them are parts of the Rotas square. I'm sure the "G" square has a side with an "S", or maybe another cube has that. Or...it is a possibility there's only one way to solve it, and they got it this way (unsolved), and they have to start it over to have the full square.