Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
a return to form for michael mann [this comment is snarky but playful]

The wind turbines in the trailer suggest to me that the film will have an environmental theme (not unfamiliar territory for Nolan). My best guess is that Branagh is a business tycoon secretly weaponizing time manipulation tech. I think his cover will be using the tech for an environmental project. Reversing the effects of global warming or something of the sort. Gov’ts will have permitted (maybe even sponsored) his use of such dangerous tech because he appears to be using it for something very important, relieving gov’ts of the responsibility of dealing with it themselves. His sales pitch will be “you can pollute and consume all you want, I’ll just reverse the effects.” The environmentalist moral of the story will be that you can’t do that and we need to stop looking for easy outs, yada yada.

Yeah, I was wondering what the wind turbines could suggest plotwise. They are so prominent in the trailer, and not just the offshore turbines, but the waters and boats as well. It's possible that this is all just for the visual impact, so that it has no significance to the plot, but I was wondering if...
moving on water is somehow "necessary" in order to experience/not experience the (side)effects of this technology. I wonder if there's a necessity factor to the mysterious "Afterlife" people to live on water. Also, Branagh is seen in the trailer on his yacht and that weird boat thing as well (I know it's a real thing, I just don't know its name :D). So it could be that it's all just for the visual effect, but I wonder if it's all plot-related.

I don't really see this ending up as a comment on anything environment-related, I think the wind turbines will relate to the plot on another level. But I can see Branagh being a multi-millionare, like a "legit" person with a shady background, like a bigshot politician or something like that. Gosh, we still don't know anything about this film, do we?

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 8:25 am
Also, Branagh is seen in the trailer on his yacht and that weird boat thing as well (I know it's a real thing, I just don't know its name :D).
I think it's a catamaran.

Also the wind turbines look great in the
reverse shot, because they look exactly the same lol I love that Nolan is taking a not too intense approach with these reverse shots, like rain falling up or something

DHOPW42 wrote:
Yeah, I was wondering what the wind turbines could suggest plotwise. They are so prominent in the trailer, and not just the offshore turbines, but the waters and boats as well. It's possible that this is all just for the visual impact, so that it has no significance to the plot, but I was wondering if...
moving on water is somehow "necessary" in order to experience/not experience the (side)effects of this technology. I wonder if there's a necessity factor to the mysterious "Afterlife" people to live on water. Also, Branagh is seen in the trailer on his yacht and that weird boat thing as well (I know it's a real thing, I just don't know its name :D). So it could be that it's all just for the visual effect, but I wonder if it's all plot-related.

I don't really see this ending up as a comment on anything environment-related, I think the wind turbines will relate to the plot on another level. But I can see Branagh being a multi-millionare, like a "legit" person with a shady background, like a bigshot politician or something like that. Gosh, we still don't know anything about this film, do we?
Nice idea, water has to have some significance. I think the ocean/sea will be a symbol of internationality. For us the most important thing is the movie's topic, but the production's message is the scale and that it was shot in 7 different countries. I put the rest into the box.
I think headquarters of JDW's new agency will be in a ship, and the bed where JDW wakes up and the practice arena(?) with Poésy will be there too. And what if there's a zero time, and he always go back to there. For example, first mission: go to the Amalfi coast: John goes to the Amalfi coast, he gets the information that he needs, then he goes back with the same ship to the headquarters but now backwards (both in space and time), then he gets the second mission at the very same time he got the first, and so on.

quervo wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 10:04 am
DHOPW42 wrote:

Nice idea, water has to have some significance. I think the ocean/sea will be a symbol of internationality. For us the most important thing is the movie's topic, but the production's message is the scale and that it was shot in 7 different countries. I put the rest into the box.
I think headquarters of JDW's new agency will be in a ship, and the bed where JDW wakes up and the practice arena(?) with Poésy will be there too. And what if there's a zero time, and he always go back to there. For example, first mission: go to the Amalfi coast: John goes to the Amalfi coast, he gets the information that he needs, then he goes back with the same ship to the headquarters but now backwards (both in space and time), then he gets the second mission at the very same time he got the first, and so on.
whoa!

Wind turbine theory...
The good guys have a secret base under the water, accessed through the wind turbine, perhaps in case of emergency so it can be flooded ala TDKR.

You can see a ladder goes even further down from that little section.

MMatt wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 7:39 pm
Wind turbine theory...
The good guys have a secret base under the water, accessed through the wind turbine, perhaps in case of emergency so it can be flooded ala TDKR.

You can see a ladder goes even further down from that little section.
Nice find! I was wondering what that building can be, now it's pretty obvious.

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it.. All the names, etc form the trailer start at the beginning and end at the same time, and meet in the middle. Maybe that has something to do how time works in the movie. Like John and Washington (first and last) happen and David gets in the middle.

If you see in the prologue when he looks the bullet flying back that's the end of the action, whereas the bullet hitting the guy it's the middle and the guy running down it's the first action (where he's already not reversed as he walks down the stairs normally)