TENET - General Information/Discussion/Speculation

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
Silfan wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 11:16 pm
what do you guess the length of the movie is gonna be?
of course the more the merrier - i wish it would be three hours+ but it's a long shot.

probably gonna be between 2:20 to 2:40 hours.
IMAX limitations mean it can't be longer than 165 minutes.

Bacon wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 1:50 am
Silfan wrote:
of course the more the merrier - i wish it would be three hours+ but it's a long shot.

Interstellar duration is 169 minutes.

IIIWheels wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 12:48 am
Law wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 2:58 pm
^^^ Absolutely not. It's clear it's going to be Washington V Branagh. Debicki is seen
in the prologue crying and visibly frightened with Branagh's character in one of the cars on the highway. She's probably taken hostage/used as bait.
She's also seen
holding hands with Branagh on the boat, which probably happens after the highway scene. So yea, shes bait, and also secretly evil. :o
Have you seen a Bond film before? Are you not aware of the trope used in which the main villain has a wife/girlfriend/assistant who doesn't agree with what he does but goes with it out of fear? There might be a twist to it, but everything we've seen implies that this is the case in Tenet.

Collins wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 3:41 am
Bacon wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 1:50 am
Silfan wrote:

Interstellar duration is 169 minutes.
Wasn't this without credits or something lol

Forum Pro
Hmmm...
2014: a Nolan-movie about gravitational waves and a new design of black holes.
2016: discovery of gravitational waves.
2019: first photo of a black hole, corroborating the Nolan/Thorne design.

2020: a Nolan-movie about time manipulation.
2022: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
2025: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

quervo wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 9:53 am
Hmmm...
2014: a Nolan-movie about gravitational waves and a new design of black holes.
2016: discovery of gravitational waves.
2019: first photo of a black hole, corroborating the Nolan/Thorne design.

2020: a Nolan-movie about time manipulation.
2022: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
2025: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm still waiting for dream-sharing technology.

blackColumn wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 3:05 pm
Silfan wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 2:20 pm
Follower wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:42 pm
Do we know when did Nolan get the idea of Tenet ? I am amazed at the fact that he finished filming his most ambitious original film in just 2 years after his previous film. I mean Inception idea was on Nolan's mind for very long but he started filming it after many years. Similarly was Tenet on his mind long before Dunkirk or did he start writing it only after Dunkirk. I just can't decipher the genius of Nolan. How he does what he does ?
because he doesn't do it for fame or success as other filmmakers. he has a real, honest love for the medium.
plus, he was born with special cells in his brain.
A posthumous documentary was best suited to reaveal what I'm going to say now but here goes..
Back in school Nolan was caught looking at a piece of paper. It had his IQ score (173) on it. The principal, Mr. Michael Caine, found it quite stange because the IQ test was actually due in two hours. Nolan told Caine that he has to keep this time manipulation secret and in the future, when he is a successful filmmaker, he'll offer him a role in every movie he makes. "Alright",Caine said calmly, "But I'll play Bond in 2023".

"Of couse why not. I already wrote your sex scene with Gal Gadot last night". Christopher Edward Nolan's eyes beamed like a kid who had already finished his homework as he said this.

"Who's Gal Gadot?"

"Quite a wonderful woman actually,"Nolan smirked.

"I don't like women are full".

"Okay a wonder woman, then".

That was 1984 JDW.

Edit : Nolan must've looked at this typo and made a casting decision last year.
Sometimes facts are stranger than fiction.
?

Follower wrote:
Do we know when did Nolan get the idea of Tenet ? I am amazed at the fact that he finished filming his most ambitious original film in just 2 years after his previous film. I mean Inception idea was on Nolan's mind for very long but he started filming it after many years. Similarly was Tenet on his mind long before Dunkirk or did he start writing it only after Dunkirk. I just can't decipher the genius of Nolan. How he does what he does ?
Perhaps some people might be taking this out of context. He did say that it’s the most ambitious film they have made but he also mentioned at first that it was in terms of international reach. I believe it’s best not to expect that this film will surpass inception or something like that because having exceedingly high expectations can affect your judgment for the film if those aren’t met once you see it.

And it’s possible that he had Tenet’s idea for quite some time because I remember he said in an interview that there were a few ideas on paper with potential sitting somewhere at his home and considering that he has put stories on hold in the past since he wasn’t ready, Tenet might be one of those. We’ll find out when he decides to say more on the matter.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Follower wrote:
Perhaps some people might be taking this out of context. He did say that it’s the most ambitious film they have made but he also mentioned at first that it was in terms of international reach. I believe it’s best not to expect that this film will surpass inception or something like that because having exceedingly high expectations can affect your judgment for the film if those aren’t met once you see it.

And it’s possible that he had Tenet’s idea for quite some time because I remember he said in an interview that there were a few ideas on paper with potential sitting somewhere at his home and considering that he has put stories on hold in the past since he wasn’t ready, Tenet might be one of those. We’ll find out when he decides to say more on the matter.
I have been following Tenet for quite some time so I know what Nolan meant when he said it's his most ambitious. My comment never implied that I expect Tenet to surpass Inception ( which it may even do, who knows ), but that's not the point. The point of my post was that it's amazing how Nolan is giving us back to back original films in such a short amount of time - it's like he has so many ideas and wants to film them in a large scale as long as he is able to do. I don't care if Tenet surpasses Inception or not I am just happy that I will be seeing a new original film by Nolan in just 6 months - of course expectations are high - because IT IS Nolan but comparison with previous work when critiquing a new movie when it comes out is inevitable but most of the times dumb and stupid.

Insomniac wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:25 pm
I mean, I predict Debecki could be the emotional center of the film. I think she might be Nolan's obligatory "Parent Who Just Want Back to Their Kids"™

I base this entirely on this set photo:
Should have put a spoiler tag man