Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
One little extra detail I'm not sure anyone have mentioned already:
When we see the car falling over (in the middle, on the left there's the Audi, on the right the BMW), on the right side of the picture there is a car reversing. So it seems like the BMW is in normal time, while the Audi and the crashing car are the ones reversing.

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:58 am
gropercity wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:31 am
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:07 am

The silver pill is
probably a cyanide (or some other poison) pill, a common spy movie trope. The following scene in the trailer, he's in a hospital bed and Martin Donovan says "You chose to die instead of giving up your colleagues". So at the train tracks the Ukrainian guy holding the pill was interrogating JDW, telling him to talk or die.

Which makes me wonder, how does he get saved? Does he actually die, but time manipulation is used to get him an antidote in time? Maybe the "Welcome to the afterlife" line is somewhat literal...
Ukranian guy? He had an American accent
Ukrainian guy holding the pill doesn't speak in the trailer.

Martin Donovan's (American) character is the one who says "You chose to die instead of giving up your colleagues" and "That test you passed? Not everybody does. Welcome to the afterlife".
It can also mean they guys in the van are testing JDW and are also undercover.

Been looking at foreign versions of the trailer and every single one of them except Russia - even Ukraine - don't bother translating the word TENET neither in the title nor in the dialogue. As if it's a proper noun.

gropercity wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 5:47 am
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:58 am
gropercity wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:31 am

Ukranian guy? He had an American accent
Ukrainian guy holding the pill doesn't speak in the trailer.

Martin Donovan's (American) character is the one who says "You chose to die instead of giving up your colleagues" and "That test you passed? Not everybody does. Welcome to the afterlife".
It can also mean they guys in the van are testing JDW and are also undercover.
I don't think so

Prologue spoilers below
I believe both the swat members that threaten JDW in the prologue are part of the gang in the van. His colleague shoots the first one and the second one (who obviously is a victim of a bit of time reversal) is shot by what I believe to be Robert Pattinson, who I think not only works for martin donovan's team and therefore is also undercover himself with the normal swat team (maybe to observe JDW) but is also able to control time.

In fact I believe that Donovan's team is most likely a super secret black ops team (if donovan is his handler/boss, then I speculate that Michael Caine is a top brass guy that owns or funds it?) that have access to this time weapon in order to take on terrorists who might have found a way to use it as well (Like kenneth branagh)

antovolk wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:57 am
Been looking at foreign versions of the trailer and every single one of them except Russia - even Ukraine - don't bother translating the word TENET neither in the title nor in the dialogue. As if it's a proper noun.
Well, it's hard to find a palindrome in a different language with the same meaning - which is still not known. Maybe our 'tenet' is indeed the center of the sator square, so there's no need of translation.

Well, there is a strong possibility that TENET stands for an organization or a technology. Think of MCU’s S.H.I.E.L.D., would that be translated like a normal word in a dialogue? Or would it still be referred to as S.H.I.E.L.D.?

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 7:02 pm
Well, there is a strong possibility that TENET stands for an organization or a technology. Think of MCU’s S.H.I.E.L.D., would that be translated like a normal word in a dialogue? Or would it still be referred to as S.H.I.E.L.D.?
T - time
E -
N -
E -
T - time
That’s what I’ve got so far

Tenetdrome wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 7:04 pm
T - time
E -
N -
E -
T - time
I tried to think of something too but I can’t figure it out. It could be just TENET lol, not an abbreviation.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 7:29 pm
Tenetdrome wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 7:04 pm
T - time
E -
N -
E -
T - time
I tried to think of something too but I can’t figure it out. It could be just TENET lol, not an abbreviation.
Yeah I thought it would be the name of their organisation as well or whatever the technology or phenomenon thats causing these time effects. It's probably known by very few, so mentioning the name 'opens doors' so to speak.

All trailers are so similar nowadays that you can switch soundtracks (and sometimes dialogue too) and nobody would bat an eye.

https://youtu.be/B9qE5i0ccis

At the end of the day, it all boils down to saving mankind.