Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
pk12 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 9:29 pm
Silfan wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 9:19 pm
El Especial wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:46 pm

you're absolutely right
no, he is not.
it is obviously the reflection.
i though that too...
the soldier jumping out would be a reflection but i am sure those rooms are identical on both sides with the glass in between, both parts of room contain same round sliding door/portal thing...
again, this is just my speculation
...if that room separated by ''bullet'' glass has two identical halves both containing that mysterious portal entrance...i dare to say that same principle applies for the red lit underground kind of room with very similar but larger portal entrance...the camera in that shot moves quickly but if you slow it down, you can notice that there is wall with windows and i dont think that we see a reflection there but an actual second ''half'' of that room behind the glass with identical portal door and its lit up with blue-ish light

pk12 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:35 pm
Now when i watched the trailer in 4k i noticed a strange thing
in the last scene where JDW is in the room where the unknown masked soldier jumps back reversed into the room from that round door...i noticed that...correct me if im wrong...but isnt there same identical door behind the glass with bullet holes where Pattinson stands? Because it does not seem like a reflection from that glass to me...you can clearly see the other half of the room behind the glass and at that moment when the soldier jumps out in reverse, same thing happens in the room where Pattinson is :lol: maybe i am blind...
Yeah you're right I think. Another thing I found when I was checking this, if you slow it down to 0.25 and play it backwards it is clear that JDW shoves the SWAT dude into the doorway and he falls down (a shaft??). He tries to stop himself by grabbing the door frame with his right hand.

El Especial wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:22 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:15 pm
El Especial wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:09 pm
I counted 5 "time reversal" shots in the trailer. How many did you guys find?
1. The boat/ship in the water
2. The SWAT reversing on the floor
3. The SWAT reversing at the end.
4/5. Shots of the car chase?
The very beginning, JDW and Pattinson are climbing the building, I think Nolan plays that in reverse. They are actually descending the building.
Not 100% sure
That's a great catch!

Also also
it seems to me that the round metal door from where the "soldier" appears in the final shot of the trailer, is a miniature version of the larger door we see with the red and blue lights mid trailer, they are not "the same" but perhaps they hold the same complex time mechanics ? just a thought
another question, do we have any idea of what is happening to
JDW in the train tracks ? what is up with his eyes?! it looks like a terrible death !

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 1:12 am
Also also
it seems to me that the round metal door from where the "soldier" appears in the final shot of the trailer, is a miniature version of the larger door we see with the red and blue lights mid trailer, they are not "the same" but perhaps they hold the same complex time mechanics ? just a thought
JDW in the train tracks ? what is up with his eyes?! it looks like a terrible death !
I think he was poisoned by something (the silver pill that the Ukrainian guy is holding).. Also in those short closeup shots on JDW face you can see a foam in his mouth so definitely a poisoning

pk12 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 3:09 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Also also
I think he was poisoned by something (the silver pill that the Ukrainian guy is holding).. Also in those short closeup shots on JDW face you can see a foam in his mouth so definitely a poisoning
The silver pill is
probably a cyanide (or some other poison) pill, a common spy movie trope. The following scene in the trailer, he's in a hospital bed and Martin Donovan says "You chose to die instead of giving up your colleagues". So at the train tracks the Ukrainian guy holding the pill was interrogating JDW, telling him to talk or die.

Which makes me wonder, how does he get saved? Does he actually die, but time manipulation is used to get him an antidote in time? Maybe the "Welcome to the afterlife" line is somewhat literal...

El Especial wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:22 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:15 pm
El Especial wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:09 pm
I counted 5 "time reversal" shots in the trailer. How many did you guys find?
1. The boat/ship in the water
2. The SWAT reversing on the floor
3. The SWAT reversing at the end.
4/5. Shots of the car chase?
The very beginning, JDW and Pattinson are climbing the building, I think Nolan plays that in reverse. They are actually descending the building.
Not 100% sure
I watched it reversed and it looks super weird, I think that scene is "normal". Plus, all the reversed shots contain both movements (except the SWAT on the floor, but right after there are JDW and Rob. But I think the interrogation is reversed, too.

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:07 am
pk12 wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Also also

The silver pill is
probably a cyanide (or some other poison) pill, a common spy movie trope. The following scene in the trailer, he's in a hospital bed and Martin Donovan says "You chose to die instead of giving up your colleagues". So at the train tracks the Ukrainian guy holding the pill was interrogating JDW, telling him to talk or die.

Which makes me wonder, how does he get saved? Does he actually die, but time manipulation is used to get him an antidote in time? Maybe the "Welcome to the afterlife" line is somewhat literal...
Ukranian guy? He had an American accent

Ukranians often speak with fake accent tbh

gropercity wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:31 am
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 4:07 am
pk12 wrote:

The silver pill is

Ukranian guy? He had an American accent
Ukrainian guy holding the pill doesn't speak in the trailer.

Martin Donovan's (American) character is the one who says "You chose to die instead of giving up your colleagues" and "That test you passed? Not everybody does. Welcome to the afterlife".
Last edited by hotsauce32 on December 23rd, 2019, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.