Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Debating whether to grab another ticket just to catch the prologue... It's hard to resist, but I'm also trying really hard not to over-indulge before the movie comes out. :sick:

I saw this on an IMAX laser screen, and it had my jaw on the floor. I've never gotten to go to a 70mm screen : ( - but this was probably the prettiest IMAX that I've seen. Do everything in your power to see this in theaters.

Forum Pro
kamelgunner wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:51 pm
i have a question who's the guy in the end of the prologue threatening JDW with a gun
I’m going to guess Pattinson

Haven't seen the prologue in theaters yet, but damn, is it that intense? Image

Side note, I came across this while trying to find out which theaters in the LA area are confirmed to be playing the prologue. I know Citywalk is 100%, but was trying to find out if Burbank AMC is playing it. Anyone catch the prologue at the Burbank 16? (I've tried calling, but can't get through. I know they're likely swamped with Star Wars fans and can't get to the phones)

I had the pleasure of seeing this last night at the world famous Grauman's Chinese theater in Hollywood.
Terrific experience, great crowd, theatre was filled with hard-core Star Wars fans.

1st trailer played was Bad Boys For Life which had some modest laughter from the crowd.

2nd trailer was the new Top Gun flick. Crowd was quite receptive, greeting it with applause.

As soon as the new WB logo went up much of the crowd cheered and applauded. I was surprised at just how many people knew we were about to see the Tenet Prologue.
The prologue certainly did not disappoint. It looked beautiful with great tension, drama and intensity. The score was probably the most impressive part.

That being said, it was difficult to tell what was happening and I could not understand the dialogue (the gas masks didn’t help)

Good lord this one will require a lot of rewatches of the bootleg just to figure out what is going on...loved it tho

My god! People are really dramatic. So a PG-13 preview that shows
gun violence at a theater
is not okay for kids, but violence by blasters and lightsabers is totally fine? Is this a joke?

I get it that Americans are sensitive about such scenarios but maybe put that energy to the actual issue by supporting the right policies and politics instead of complaining about a fictional work of art. And it’s six goddamn minutes not ten.
antovolk wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:38 pm
Good lord this one will require a lot of rewatches of the bootleg just to figure out what is going on...loved it tho
Welcome to the party.

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:00 pm

Side note, I came across this while trying to find out which theaters in the LA area are confirmed to be playing the prologue. I know Citywalk is 100%, but was trying to find out if Burbank AMC is playing it. Anyone catch the prologue at the Burbank 16? (I've tried calling, but can't get through. I know they're likely swamped with Star Wars fans and can't get to the phones)
Like I mentioned Regal IMAX in Valencia :p Santa Clarita technically is in LA County :D

That is so frkn BS! People getting decapitated with Lightsaber is more violent than that whole prologue in my opinion. They blowup planets in those movies, how come that is not a violence?

Not to mention (spoiler for TROS)
sheevs face literally melting off

SINCEPTION wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:48 pm
Like I mentioned Regal IMAX in Valencia :p Santa Clarita technically is in LA County :D
Good to know! I actually work in Valencia. I live in San Fernando Valley though, so I'm trying to go to Citywalk or Burbank so I can use my AMC A-List membership lol

Moderators, since WB isn't releasing an official list, is it possible to make some sort of stickied post in which we crowd source what theaters are playing the prologue?

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:03 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:48 pm
Good to know! I actually work in Valencia. I live in San Fernando Valley though, so I'm trying to go to Citywalk or Burbank so I can use my AMC A-List membership lol
AMC Burbank has great seats, and it's really wide, but like 39ft tall, the sound and screen quality is crisp af though, and parking is free, just an FYI.