TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Tenetdrome wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:29 am
gropercity wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:13 am
I have a strong feeling
the movie is about a time manipulation machine the military designed to avert potential disasters by undoing them through time reversal and JDW and Pattinson are part of some special CIA team assigned to deal with some fallout from this or something like that
Of course I could be totally fucking wrong but that would be my guess from watching the trailer
I think Branagh is the head of a multinational corporation weaponizing time manipulation tech and selling it to terror cells and hostile foreign powers through intermediaries, and our secret agent heroes are sent in to stop him. But it would be cool if the technology was originally developed by the gov’t.
Ohhhh, I like this theory :think: :oops:

I think
that's correct. And I think the US government (Patts/Donovan) are the ones that created the tech first.

I don't see Nolan using an actual (and reviled) organization like CIA in this fantasy movie which is designed for the largest possible worldwide audience.

I also don't see him making a movie with a specific country like Russia as the villain unless of course he wants the movie banned in Russia and end up on Putin's shitlist.

A "good" fictional multinational organization vs. a "bad" fictional multinational organization is more likely IMO.

But doesn’t the prologue shows soldiers working for the government co-operating with the terrorists?

Insomniac wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:06 pm
I don't see Nolan using an actual (and reviled) organization like CIA in this fantasy movie which is designed for the largest possible worldwide audience.

I also don't see him making a movie with a specific country like Russia as the villain unless of course he wants the movie banned in Russia and end up on Putin's shitlist.

A "good" fictional multinational organization vs. a "bad" fictional multinational organization is more likely IMO.
Did someone say... chased around the world by anonymous corporations? :oops:

No? Ok...

Maybe Branagh is the owner of
Cobol Engineering
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BINGO.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:12 pm
But doesn’t the prologue shows soldiers working for the government co-operating with the terrorists?
Not sure.

This is my best summary of what happens in the prologue:
Terrorists come in, real SWATs come in, fake SWATs (JDW's team) sneak in with real SWATs. Real SWATs knock out citizens with gas, real SWATs start planting bombs. JDW and his team sneak VIP/POI out and JDW says the raid is a stage so they (most likely real SWATs?) can vanish the VIP (kill him). JDW is saving him from the raid. On the way out, he gets found out and he realizes the real SWATs are going to blow up the building. A fake SWAT saves him and JDW starts grabbing all the bombs to save them even though his fellow fake SWATs say it's not part of his mission. JDW is about to be shot by a real SWAT and is saved by a mysterious SWAT that is not one of the fake SWATs in JDW's team. JDW successfully makes it out with VIP and VIP's helper, only to get stopped by someone in the van.

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm
Not sure.

Terrorists come in, real SWATs come in, fake SWATs (JDW's team) sneak in with real SWATs. Real SWATs knock out citizens with gas, real SWATs start planting bombs. JDW and his team sneak VIP/POI out and JDW says the raid is a stage so they (most likely real SWATs?) can vanish the VIP (kill him). JDW is saving him from the raid. On the way out, he gets found out and he realizes the real SWATs are going to blow up the building. A fake SWAT saves him and JDW starts grabbing all the bombs to save them even though his fellow fake SWATs say it's not part of his mission. JDW is about to be shot by a real SWAT and is saved by a mysterious SWAT that is not one of the fake SWATs in JDW's team. JDW successfully makes it out with VIP and VIP's helper, only to get stopped by someone in the van.
That’s a pretty good summary.
Notes:
1- JDW and co. knew about the raid.
2- At first I mistakenly thought the terrorists were just a cover up, once the gas takes its effect on the audience they disappeared and the real SWATs come in inside but I was mistaken since they started shooting at each other.
3- They mention the Ukrainians so not entirely fictional I suppose.
So many questions:
-Fake SWATs, who are they working for?
-Who is the person they’re extracting?
-Who are these terrorists? They know about the gas and they came prepared.
-Why did the real SWATs want to kill hundreds of people?
-Who is the other fake SWAT who saved JDW and who is he working for? Why was he there? If it’s Pattinson which doesn’t make sense because he’s also confused with the car flipping.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:14 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm
Not sure.

That’s a pretty good summary.
Notes:
1- JDW and co. knew about the raid.
2- At first I mistakenly thought the terrorists were just a cover up, once the gas takes its effect on the audience they disappeared and the real SWATs come in inside but I was mistaken since they started shooting at each other.
3- They mention the Ukrainians so not entirely fictional I suppose.
So many questions:
-Fake SWATs, who are they working for?
-Who is the person they’re extracting?
-Who are these terrorists? They know about the gas and they came prepared.
-Why did the real SWATs want to kill hundreds of people?
-Who is the other fake SWAT who saved JDW and who is he working for? Why was he there? If it’s Pattinson which doesn’t make sense because he’s also confused with the car flipping.

The terrorist attack was obviously organized by one of the two organizations (JDW's or the national government) as a method for the VIP to vanish (either to save him or to kill him depending on which organization planned the attack). My guess is the terrorist attack was staged to get the real SWATs there so they could take out the VIP using the bombs. The SWATs were willing to take out the entire theater to make it seem like the terrorists blew it up. Not sure if that's correct, but idk.

Also, Pattinson isn't confused by the car flipping. The dude has his game face on.