Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:12 am
I would be pleasantly surprised if Tenet is loved by critics.
And you're basing this prediction on what? Everything other than the director's history?

Sanchez wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:22 am
blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:12 am
I would be pleasantly surprised if Tenet is loved by critics.
And you're basing this prediction on what? Everything other than the director's history?
Well the critics have an entirely different idea of what a movie is supposed to be.

Take for example this list https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/the- ... s-of-2019/ How many movies in this list did you watch this year? I haven't even heard about most of these.

MyCocaine wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 4:52 pm
The shot on the train tracks has to be a nod to Stalker.

Tenet was filmed within walking distance from Stalker.

Hoyte probably made him watch it.
Interstellar was influence by Tarkovsky's The Mirror in terms of "elemental things in the story to do with wind and dust and water." I believe if that's a nod to Stalker, it just might be Nolan's own idea.

blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:34 am
Well the critics have an entirely different idea of what a movie is supposed to be.
If every single film that Nolan has made has been well recieved by both critics and fans, then that's just not correct about his movies. Hence me asking you why you're not basing your predictions on his actual filmography so far. It's not like all the critics in the world has suddenly changed taste from 2017 to now.
blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:34 am
Take for example this list https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/the- ... s-of-2019/ How many movies in this list did you watch this year? I haven't even heard about most of these.
I don't know what posting one top list from a year where Nolan didn't even have a movie coming out have to do with our conversation.

You are confusing critical consensus with what critics really have to say about a movie.

In critical consenus, individual oberservations of various critics cancel out and what is left is more of a general statement than an actual review. As such, rotten tomatoes doesn't really mean anything.

Yeah, sure. 'Critics top 10' (who compiles hundreds of reviews and top lists) naming Dunkirk the third best film of 2017 and Inception the second best film of 2010 doesn't mean anything, right? Because Nolan makes hundreds of millions of dollars in box office numbers, he simply cannot be a director for the critics.

That's what you're saying.

I like the first half of TDKR better than Inception and Dunkirk combined. Whatever critic lists say in general? Can't care less..

Do you still remember what we initially discussed? I asked you why you would be surprised if Tenet got positive reviews. You wouldn't give me a proper answer so I told you why you shouldn't. Still no actual answer, other than that you seem to just outright dislike critics in general. But that's not a good argument, since the average critic has liked (and a lot of them loved) every single Nolan film that has ever been made.

Obviously that's not a guarantee for him to forever make critically acclaimed films, but it should not be a surprise to anyone on the planet if Tenet is well recieved by most critics.

By most critcs? Yeah most critics would give a positive review of Tenet. But expect that to be lower than Dunkirk. Now I personally have no interest in any WW2 film, but that's how it is going to be.

You understand? That is how it is going to be.

Yep, I understand that you were wrong but have now just changed your opinion. Great! :gonf: