Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I was blessed enough to see this in IMAX

I was trembling all throughout

This is Nolan amping it up

pure bliss

Nomis you lucky bih

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:43 am
Nomis you lucky bih
I definitely count myself lucky with this lol

Nomis wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:32 am
I definitely count myself lucky with this lol
You are :lol: I’m still laughing at my self for seeing TROS AT TWO DIFFERENT PLACES IN DAY HOURS APART yet no prologue to be found. I’m so bitter lol.
Do I have to fly to Dubai or something?

Maybe they’ll still attach to something else in the future too.

I'm kind of disappointed from the prologue. Nolan made too many mistake in a 6 minute sequence, in my opinion.
First the hostage situation, the extras looked so unimpressed and bored that they reminded me of the smirking guy in the Dunkirk teaser. Also they looked asleep even before they released the gas. I've never been in a hostage situation, but im sure thats not how you act with a bunch of guys with ak-47 arround you. Second thing when JDW character enters the room he hit the guy in the face... and thats it ? He is out cold, really, the old cliche of punch a guy in the face and he goes to sleepy land, i call bullshit on that. And third with the reverse bullet scene, that guy got shot in the shoulder, he is 100% not dead, he can easily just get up and kill them or shoot them in the back from the ground. I am very disappointed and suprised actually, that Nolan is ok with that.

ShotValuable wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:37 am
I'm kind of disappointed from the prologue. Nolan made too many mistake in a 6 minute sequence, in my opinion.
First the hostage situation, the extras looked so unimpressed and bored that they reminded me of the smirking guy in the Dunkirk teaser. Also they looked asleep even before they released the gas. I've never been in a hostage situation, but im sure thats not how you act with a bunch of guys with ak-47 arround you. Second thing when JDW character enters the room he hit the guy in the face... and thats it ? He is out cold, really, the old cliche of punch a guy in the face and he goes to sleepy land, i call bullshit on that. And third with the reverse bullet scene, that guy got shot in the shoulder, he is 100% not dead, he can easily just get up and kill them or shoot them in the back from the ground. I am very disappointed and suprised actually, that Nolan is ok with that.
I don't mean to discredit your claims, I just want to share my feelings: I honestly believe that the overall effect a piece of art has on me has nothing to do with its perfection. The same goes for the prologue, the past films of Nolan as well as ANY other film or piece of art I enjoy experiencing/watching/listening to. And I kind of feel that nowadays more and more people are fixated on art being perfect rather than being impressive and gripping. So, I'm just saying that... I'm not sure if you have a point or not, but even if you do, I'm sorry that those things result in you not enjoying a a scene or a film.

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:47 am
ShotValuable wrote:
I don't mean to discredit your claims, I just want to share my feelings: I honestly believe that the overall effect a piece of art has on me has nothing to do with its perfection. The same goes for the prologue, the past films of Nolan as well as ANY other film or piece of art I enjoy experiencing/watching/listening to. And I kind of feel that nowadays more and more people are fixated on art being perfect rather than being impressive and gripping. So, I'm just saying that... I'm not sure if you have a point or not, but even if you do, I'm sorry that those things result in you not enjoying a a scene or a film.
I like the scene and the tone, and the overall feel of the movie. I just can't figure out why Nolan doesn't look at these things more seriosuly. He is known to be a director that doesn't make a lot of takes for a scene. Don't get me wrong, i love Nolan and his work, i think that he is one of the last directors that really respects the art of filmmaking and the theatrical experience. But i can't just look pass them.

ShotValuable wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:03 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:47 am
ShotValuable wrote:
I like the scene and the tone, and the overall feel of the movie. I just can't figure out why Nolan doesn't look at these things more seriosuly. He is known to be a director that doesn't make a lot of takes for a scene. Don't get me wrong, i love Nolan and his work, i think that he is one of the last directors that really respects the art of filmmaking and the theatrical experience. But i can't just look pass them.
The perfection you are looking for comes at the cost of spontaneity. Nothing happens perfectly in real life. Audience is already tired of watching multiple unbelievable things happening perfectly.
Moreover, art audience is usually disinterested.

If someone want very realistic movie, Nolan in not for him...