Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I keep forgetting this is not Batman. I remember after the Batman movie prologues we'd get a flood of posts at/after early screenings. Things are kind of at a crawl compared to those days

gropercity wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:09 am
I hope to god I hear someone in Dallas confirm they saw it. Getting nervous about it not being attached :shifty:
I saw someone on Twitter mention the prologue and their profile says they’re from Dallas. I’m with you, bro. I’m getting nervous about Pointe Orlando.

Nicewatch wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:03 am
gropercity wrote:
I hope to god I hear someone in Dallas confirm they saw it. Getting nervous about it not being attached :shifty:
I saw someone on Twitter mention the prologue and their profile says they’re from Dallas. I’m with you, bro. I’m getting nervous about Pointe Orlando.
Damn. Can you direct me to that post?

The prologue is incredible. Intense, gripping, visceral, and the score is enormous.

That said: it's basically incomprehensible.

The dialogue isn't intelligible (it's Nolan, sooo), the causality of events are extremely hard to follow, and the "science fiction" element is, quite literally, blink and you'll miss it. It's the least "stand-alone" prologue yet.

At my screening, it worked on a sheer spectacle level enough the audience cheered when it ended. I'm very interested to see how the GA responds to it.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:16 am
The prologue is incredible. Intense, gripping, visceral, and the score is enormous.

That said: it's basically incomprehensible.

The dialogue isn't intelligible (it's Nolan, sooo), the causality of events are extremely hard to follow, and the "science fiction" element is, quite literally, blink and you'll miss it. It's the least "stand-alone" prologue yet.

At my screening, it worked on a sheer spectacle level enough the audience cheered when it ended. I'm very interested to see how the GA responds to it.

-Vader
Can you tell us where you saw it?

I agree that it's incomprehensible but - weirdly - I don't think that it works against the effect it wants to have on you. There's so much going on in it in such a condensed way, it's really an energy bomb. There's no time to breath, really, everything just moves forward as fast as hell, and it really got me when I was watching it (the bootleg). And I got tons of questions after seeing it, but... I guess that is kind of the point. I'm not sure how it will play out in the context of the film, but right now I really feel it as opposed to understanding it, if you see what I did there. And... I really enjoy looking at it and experiencing it over and over again. It's one of the more intense action scenes Nolan has directed, if not already in Top 3 for me - it's surreal how intense and fast-paced and truly gripping it is.

Damn. These descriptions got me hyped but I won't be seeing it till Sunday. I hope to god I get it!

gropercity wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:10 am
Nicewatch wrote:
gropercity wrote:
Phew! I found it buried under the hundreds of tweets of people geeking over the prologue that are pouring in.

https://twitter.com/byjoserodriguez/sta ... 48768?s=21

Nicewatch wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:25 am
gropercity wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:10 am
Nicewatch wrote:

Phew! I found it buried under the hundreds of tweets of people geeking over the prologue that are pouring in.

https://twitter.com/byjoserodriguez/sta ... 48768?s=21
Thanks bud! Gonna tweet him and see what's up.

stanley wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:38 am
It honestly makes the trailer look like kid's games. I hope everyone can see it in theaters. Don't watch any recorded copies if you can help it.
Can't agree more. Trailer doesn't do justice to the goodness that is Tenet.