Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Anyone see the prologue at cinemark 17 Dallas? Would love to hear your spoiler free thoughts. I'll be going this weekend

U.S. People, please report your prologue experiences here, your type of IMAX theater and which location/city. Please and thank you.
Last edited by Nicewatch on December 19th, 2019, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Special One wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:40 pm
The fact that Warner Bros didn't release an IMAX prologue location tells you that all IMAX will be playing the prologue in front of Star Wars.
I literally just came back from seeing TROS twice at two different IMAX screens and none of them had it. Disappointing whatever the reason.

Finally watched the bootleg and I shouldn’t have. I wish I could reverse time and unwatch it. Didn’t do much for me being so low in quality. Can’t hear the dialogue clearly and the plot is confusing enough lol.

So right now: trailer > prologue

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:24 pm
The Special One wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:40 pm
The fact that Warner Bros didn't release an IMAX prologue location tells you that all IMAX will be playing the prologue in front of Star Wars.
I literally just came back from seeing TROS twice at two different IMAX screens and none of them had it. Disappointing whatever the reason.

Finally watched the bootleg and I shouldn’t have. I wish I could reverse time and unwatch it. Didn’t do much for me being so low in quality. Can’t hear the dialogue clearly and the plot is confusing enough lol.

So right now: trailer > prologue
Where did you see the IMAX showings?

gropercity wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:34 pm
Bahrain.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:37 pm
gropercity wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:34 pm
Bahrain.
Typically international locations are piss poor when it comes to the prologue.

gropercity wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:39 pm
True. It’s just annoying that a nearby country got it - same chains which all over the region. It seems so random. They’re all 1.90:1 Xenon/Laser. Also, probably the same distributor.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:50 pm
gropercity wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:39 pm
True. It’s just annoying that a nearby country got it - same chains which all over the region. It seems so random. They’re all 1.90:1 Xenon/Laser. Also, probably the same distributor.
WB should have put out a list. They've done it with all prologues. Baffling they haven't done it for this one. Particularly because this is Nolan's most expensive movie.

My friend in Philly went to see Star Wars at an IMAX theater that got the Dunkirk prologue and was on the Dunkirk prologue list and not only did they not get the prologue, they didn't even get the trailer -- they got the short teaser that played with Hobbes & Shaw.

So if anyone knows of an IMAX theater in Philadelphia that's playing the prologue, I'd appreciate a heads up so I can let her know where to go.