Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Is this out in true 1080p or 4K yet?

Bacon wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Hoyte > Wally
I agree with this. I don't think Hoyte has delivered his best work with Nolan yet but I appreciate his attempt to adapt his aesthetic for each film.

Wally worked with a wider palette of color and tone on a scene to scene level that felt more overtly stylish yet naturalistic and warm. Hoyte's projects typically have a mono-aesthetic look to them. The extremely neutral look in Interstellar's space stuff, the group of greens in Dunkirk, etc. They're both wonderful, and Dunkirk is a visual masterpiece, but Hoyte's visuals are a little colder.

-Vader

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm
I adore Hoyte works in HER and TINKER TAYLOR. but for nolan type of movie which has some cold and mysterious element i think wally cinematography is better

In my opinion hoyte more suitable to drama/romantic/less action movie kind of type
I won’t pretend to know exactly why, but I dare say that Hoyt has done his best work on non-Nolan films. Tenet looks very handsome, obviously, but I wasn’t totally blown away by the photography.
Last edited by Tenetdrome on December 19th, 2019, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenetdrome wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:23 pm
JohnnyTheKid wrote:
I adore Hoyte works in HER and TINKER TAYLOR. but for nolan type of movie which has some cold and mysterious element i think wally cinematography is better

In my opinion hoyte more suitable to drama/romantic/less action movie kind of type
I won’t pretend to know exactly why, but I do agree that Hoyt has done his best work on non-Nolan films. Which is a shame. Tenet looks very handsome, obviously, but I wasn’t blown away by the photography.
I dont think cinematography should distract you from the story, not even by being "beautiful" if it doesnt narratively need to be, pretty cinematography is overrated.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Tenetdrome wrote:
JohnnyTheKid wrote:

I won’t pretend to know exactly why, but I do agree that Hoyt has done his best work on non-Nolan films. Which is a shame. Tenet looks very handsome, obviously, but I wasn’t blown away by the photography.
I dont think cinematography should distract you from the story, not even by being "beautiful" if it doesnt narratively need to be, pretty cinematography is overrated.
Overrated? Hahah tell that to Roger Deakins

Havoc1st wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:29 pm
"Don't try to understand it, feel it."

I just like this line a lot.

Also Robert looks so good with that haircut.
Goooood. Feel the Tenet Flow through you..
Last edited by Maximillian on December 19th, 2019, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raimibonn wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:52 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Tenetdrome wrote:

Overrated? Hahah tell that to Roger Deakins
Hey man, i know my Roger deakins lol, but i never find Roger going for "the beauty shots", or gratuitous camera movements, the beauty of his work lies in other places.

This is like Dark Knight meets Memento X 1000000