Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JJ had the opportunity to fully own the ideas and direction that Last Jedi took, maybe even convince a few people to look at this trilogy in a new light, but nope. They went the dumb fan service route. Things clearly worked out really well there JJ...

Probably the worst of the nine. Actually the first Star Wars I struggled to get through.

Hated it start to finish.

Latest comparison that comes to mind? Suicide Squad.

Oh, and it's true, pisses all over TLJ.

Is it too late for me now to hop on Disney-hate bandwagon?

Master Virgo wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:30 pm
it is never too late. we welcome haters with open arms.

Master Virgo wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:30 pm
They fucked with Frozen II ending and now they decided it's best to listen to everybody with a goddamned keyboard but themselves. I say never too late.

Gf and I couldn't find top three things we truly liked here and I'm struggling how to tell fam not to go in three days.

m4st4 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Probably the worst of the nine. Actually the first Star Wars I struggled to get through.

I thought you liked the leaks? We’re they not accurate? They did not tell you they pissed on Last Jedi? Genuinely curious. Is it just the execution? Surprised as hell by your reaction.

not spoilers but just in case
Keri Russell is criminally wasted here. Like holy shit.

Ironically, Boyega also doesn’t do that much.

Allstar wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:46 pm
m4st4 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:23 pm

I thought you liked the leaks? We’re they not accurate? They did not tell you they pissed on Last Jedi? Genuinely curious. Is it just the execution? Surprised as hell by your reaction.
Some of the leaks (that turned out to be in the final film) were updated recently. Some changes were made, so if he didn't read any leaks since the initial things that came out, there are some pretty substantial changes they made to the film before release. I can get into it after more people see it.

How much is KMT's screentime?

Master Virgo wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:21 pm
How much is KMT's screentime?
didn’t time, but didn’t feel like longer than a few minutes. even when she was there, she’d mostly be in the background for other characters with barely anything to say of her own.