Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
blackColumn wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:09 am
Tell me one thing.

You say prologue is all from one location. Is it then an entire action sequence in real time that one can see in the movie when it releases July 2020? OR is there stitching / editing involved?

OR put it another way : Is it a special cut or simply a part of the film, like prologue of The Dark Knight and its sequel?
There is only one event taking place during the prologue so it's completely possible that this scene will play out like that in the final film. No extensive cross cutting or cutting to completely different places.
But I have absolutely no idea if it could be an opening scene or a scene towards the end of the movie. If I had to guess I would say it's the opening scene and we get some "calm" exposition after that.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:10 am
This sounds fucking amazing :o I'm curious about Jennifer Lame's editing.
Nothing very special to say here. Everything felt smooth and nothing out of place.
One odd thing I noticed was when the terrorists were storming the stage: One of the terrorists took a swing towards one of the musicians but right before the hit it cuts to something different. That was the only thing that didn't make sense to me.

I don't understand what this is, they played a TV spot in a theater to advertise a prologue that in itself is advertisement for the movie??

Footage looks badass, though.
It's the small reel that plays after the original prologue scene.

Still no list of theaters showing it. Sad.

Mr. Alley wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:40 am
Is it related to Inception?
By watching the prologue I say 100% NO. I didn't catch most of the dialogue so IF there's an Inception reference in the prologue it's in the dialogue but I highly doubt it.
Praise the Lord!!

I'm hella wasted reading about the details, when can we expect a bootleg? Looks fucking amazing holy shit

Hey all! Haven't posted here in forever but I just got confirmation from Cineplex that they are indeed showing the prologue :D I asked about the Edmonton one specifically but they seemed to imply all cineplex IMAX locations. Sooooo excited omg!!!

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:55 am
What I'm curious about: does the prologue set up the main "concept" of the film? Do we get a hint of the main "ideas" behind the story, the same way the first scene of Inception introduces us to the world of dreams?
It's definitely not that full of exposition. Maybe I missed some huge exposition in the dialogue but I doubt it.

Cinemark manager/projectionist reported to me this morning that prologue is 6.5 minutes long. :gonf:

Mr. Alley wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:53 am
I don't understand what this is, they played a TV spot in a theater to advertise a prologue that in itself is advertisement for the movie??

Footage looks badass, though.
It's the small reel that plays after the original prologue scene.
NOW THIS MAKES SENSE.

That was also the case with the dark knigh rises prologue.