2019-2020 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 12:45 pm
Lupita was best of the decade material in Us.
I really dislike that movie the more I've thought about it over the past year, but even I would say Lupita was obviously Oscar-worthy in that film.

With SAG Ensemble and ACE Eddie noms, Parasite just jumped up to arguably equal (and deserving) frontrunner status to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Irishman.

-Vader

But is 1917 going to walk away with everything in the end? that's the question

Nomis wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Dear Nolanfans, please support my upcoming World War I epic 1917’s theatrical release in January. It will be the best World War I film you will ever see! Lots of Oscars coming my way! We are intending to walk away with everything! My friend Roger Deakins here can also confirm that.

Nomis wrote:
It getting shut out of SAG and ACE Eddie doesn't make it look great. 1917 won't get shit if it flops, too. Still, this is early days.

-Vader

Little Women is taking a hit right now. Basically nothing from the Guilds and Golden Globes. Bombshell love from SAG is weird based on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic scores.

Also, looking like DeNiro is going to be left off the Best Actor race.

It's nice to see the three front runners (The Irishman, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and Parasite) also be three of the year's very best movies. Doesn't happen often.

Florence Pugh is getting no recognition at all so far and it's really annoying.

Vader182 wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Nomis wrote:
It getting shut out of SAG and ACE Eddie doesn't make it look great. 1917 won't get shit if it flops, too. Still, this is early days.

-Vader
Yeah that's true. As for actors nominations, sometimes the ones that didn't get a Globe nomination ended up winning the Oscar. I mean, I don't remember who that were but I think it has happened. Right?

I really hope Song Kang-ho gets a shot at the Oscars. He was so good in Parasite. Same goes for Zhao Shuzhen in The Farewell.

Song Kang-ho for life.

RE: Bombshell... comparisons as this year's Vice don't seem far from true. Bloated, liberally good intentioned, actors in excessive makeup, but vacuous and superficial.

-Vader