Mulan (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 12:43 am
"We don't want songs or Mushu because we want it to be serious and original compared to the cartoon."
"She fights alongside a witch."
Gong Li is the villain.

Vader182 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 1:15 am
my only real take is that the widescreen style cinematography is gorgeous and it's going to look amazing in dolby

-Vader
I agree, dictatorship appeasement is best consumed in dolby

Oku
You stooped so low for that low-hanging fruit that you practically went through the Earth's core and ended up in the very place that you fear/despise.

But yeah, I skimmed through the trailer and the cinematography never stood out to me as amazing or anything; it looks like pretty much any other live-action Disney remake.

Fun fact: bunch of scummy demonstrators murdered a reporter in cold blood and Liu, appalled by that horrible incident made an ignorant comment and said she supports the police.

Has nothing to do with Disney, has nothing to do with many people who put their sweat and blood to make this film.

That's not what happened. Before she made her comments no reporter was murdered, just attacked. I know that's also bad, but still. And that's ignoring the police was far worse. But did she say anything about that?

And of course this is also about Disney. They are trying to appeal to China and it's market, despite clear human rights violations taking place in the country, and I'm not just talking about Hongkong. If they had a backbone, they would draw clear consequences, but all they're intested in is making money. However not just Disney is turning a blind eye of course. I'm disgusted by all these capitalist corporations selling their soul, if they ever had one.

Seems ignorant to think Disney is not at least taking China's opinion of them into account in some way.

I mean, if Michael Bay can literally make a Transformers film targeted at a Chinese audience, the rest of the industry surely feels they need to appease the Chinese government in order to keep selling to that market.

Cilogy wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 12:24 pm
Seems ignorant to think Disney is not at least taking China's opinion of them into account in some way.

I mean, if Michael Bay can literally make a Transformers film targeted at a Chinese audience, the rest of the industry surely feels they need to appease the Chinese government in order to keep selling to that market.
That’s exactly what they do.

i desperately needed 'unsubscribe from thread' function like yesterday jeez

Ruth wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 2:11 pm
:lol: