Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I just bought this beautiful Star Wars 6 movies box set and I gonna buy those movies again in the future, when Disney release the whole 9 movies box set. I guess I'm officially hyped

Ruth wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:44 am
is 2h 21 without end credits? my theater shows 2h 35
bih

it's with the Tenet prologue included!

all aboard the reverse hype epyh hype epyh

Ruth wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 5:48 am
Allstar wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:36 am
Ruth wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 11:51 am
My biggest fear is that at this point, no matter how good/bad the film is, whichever way the story ends up going, it won't match whatever shit I'll have cooked up in my mind. And like, that's 100% MY problem lmao, and one of the reasons why I've been avoiding any promo material - to not give too much room for imagination, but I can't shut off my brain too lol.
I'm already torn with Kylo Ren, because I feel like he's so far been such a good character, especially in TLJ, that no matter what they'll do with him, I'll be the one whining about it on here lmao. I don't want him to have a redemption arc to be "vadered" off the story, but I also don't want him to ultimately stay evil. Also, if they give even more jerking material to Reylo stans than they did in TLJ, I'll be so fucking mad
All of this is jokey jokey though, I'll most likely love this film
Not really a spoiler but...
The Reylo people are truly insane. They already decided they will hate the movie and the trilogy if Rey and Kylo are not a romantic couple at the end. It’s very very bizarre and I hope nothing happens just for the meltdowns lmao.
they ruined the whole thing for me back when TFA dropped. like I understand TLJ because it explores kylo ren and their relationship further and so on, but in TFA there was literally nothing about reylo that was “shippable”. he’s abusive to her and she hates him for what he did, but i guess everyone melted because he carried her in his arms lmao

like i hate the fact that the shipping thing happened before it ever happened onscreen, but it happened due to some fucking odd reasons because fans tend to quickly go weird and take the whole stockholm syndrome and “i can fix him!!” cliche way too far too early
You summed up exactly how I feel on the situation. It’s cringe on how they behave and overly read into things despite last Jedi having a very interesting/compelling dynamic between the two.

Nomis wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm
Ruth wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:44 am
is 2h 21 without end credits? my theater shows 2h 35
bih

it's with the Tenet prologue included!

all aboard the reverse hype epyh hype epyh
i’m pretty sure the tenet prologue is not coming to my theaters but a girl can dream lmao

@allstar, yeah. i overall see a lot of myself in rey (or the qualities i’d aspire to have, at least), so the relationship angle was interesting to see from that perspective, but i just remember watching the last jedi, and no matter how much i loved the film, i just cringed throughout those scenes

Let us pray we all get to see the Tenet prologue in IMAX

Lmao

Oscar Isaac also pretty much critiqued Disney that they were “too afraid” to make them boyfriends.

Allstar wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Lmao

Oscar Isaac also pretty much critiqued Disney that they were “too afraid” to make them boyfriends.
I want them to be together so bad. Such a giant missed opportunity. And it would actually be better stories for both characters than what they’ve been given.

i’ll never not ship finn and poe together

THIS is the ship that needs to survive the franchise not reylo lmao

Ruth wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 5:50 pm
i’ll never not ship finn and poe together

THIS is the ship that needs to survive the franchise not reylo lmao
I would squeal with delight of Finn and Poe fuck

On the Reylo topic, many 'reylo' people are insufferable and brush off that Kylo Ren a genocidal maniac space nazi who also physically tortured Rey. these folks are capital-P problematic and basically advertise for abusive relationships. Yet, I don't think it's right to say they have no romantic entanglement either. It's nuanced! Way more nuanced than I'd ever expect in a star war movie. it's the heart of the trilogy for me.

Going back to the interrogation scene in TFA, the best scene in that movie, there's real sexual tension. Ren is "violating" Rey's mind without her consent, and she resists by breaking deep into his mind / soul in a way nobody in his life maybe ever has. There's a mutual vulnerability and intimacy there that Rian Johnson (wisely, imo) doubled down on in The Last Jedi. Their relationship is toxic, broken, fueled by resentment, animosity, but they are also pulled, compelled, towards each other. The light and dark sides of the force, twisted but intertwined.

-Vader