Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Roger D. Kins wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 7:04 am
Angus wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 4:38 pm
I hate these lies about single-take movies. 1917 is not one long take. Why do they think we'll believe that over and over?

If something like that were actually achievable, Mendes wouldn't be the first one to do it. It would've been Kubrick or Hitchcock or Malick or, you know, one of the greats.
u w0t m8
Mr. Deakins, where are you planning to store your second cinematography Oscar you’ll win next year?

Ruth wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 8:37 am
Roger D. Kins wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 7:04 am
Angus wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 4:38 pm
I hate these lies about single-take movies. 1917 is not one long take. Why do they think we'll believe that over and over?

If something like that were actually achievable, Mendes wouldn't be the first one to do it. It would've been Kubrick or Hitchcock or Malick or, you know, one of the greats.
u w0t m8
Mr. Deakins, where are you planning to store your second cinematography Oscar you’ll win next year?
I will gently insert it into my rectum, keeping it there at all times, so that none of these arse crawling film connoisseurs can occupy my colon any longer.

I just want all of you people to know is that I, in fact, DO NOT have feelings for Mr. Nolan other than those of professional admiration. That DOES NOT mean I am ripping off his films.

So, I have his portrait in my bedroom. So what?!?

Also, my newest movie IS NOT A RIP OFF! That is NOT how I make my films! Also, my friend Roger Deakins said it was all okay, and that it isn't a rip off. He has 14 Oscar nominations and he knows better than you. You people have no idea what a rip off looks like. I have never seen Dunkirk and I forbade my cast to watch the film. Instead, we played Battlefield 1 every night to immerse ourselves in the ultimate World War I experience, because nobody in Hollywood even makes World War I movies now. Well, guess what, I am about to correct this and I will make the best World War I movie you have ever seen! The Academy will also agree with me!

Use your better judgment: You know Nolan himself is probably a little irritated.

So, we are still for this month (December) for the first public trailer?

Srbb wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 10:25 am
So, we are still for this month (December) for the first public trailer?
Only God aka Nolan knows

I think it would be fair to assume that the prologue would be followed by a regular theatrical trailer a few days/weeks later. And a poster.

If they follow the same strategy for Dunkirk - the trailer and the prologue should be out by December 20. Prologue strictly with IMAX screenings.

Official US release date for Rogue One was December 16. Dunkirk trailer came out December 14.

Nolan is doing something different.

I don't think we're getting a trailer alongside the prologue.