Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
pls don't feel bad about allstar getting banned vader

I wonder how he'll react when his ban over. He could, you know, decide not to come back himself and maybe start over with a new account. Then I wonder how long it'll take before we know it's his alt lol

I'll post a long elaborate story/joke and if the alt account calls me "delusional" then we know it's him.

Let me clarify. Allstar is banned temporarily, not permanently. That was never really considered as an option, it was just Artemis who brought it up here in this thread. He replied in a very embarassing and inconsiderate way to Vader and he deserved to go for some time.

About permabans. IMHO it's a very delicate matter when it comes to 'veteran' members. Maybe this sounds elitist but let's face it, this is a dying community and if we start permabanning left and right, NF is done. I'm pretty sure Ruth agrees with me on that.

Based on my experience, the only veteran member who truly deserved to go -no questions asked- was RIFA, who literally turned insane and started harassing mods on social media outside of NF.

Having said that though, I do agree that Allstar has been walking on thin ice lately and patience is running low, not only on casual members but also on mods. Hopefully his time off will help, although he always seems to fall back on his usual habits. We'll see how it goes.

I just want to make it know before things get out of hand:

Allstar has reached out to me via diff means than this place (thanks to Virgo), and we did have a talk. He's not asking for his ban to be lifted. He said he doesn't care about that. I don't want to bother Vader with this, knowing all of what had happened in his personal life and here too, as that would at least be insensitive and dumb of me, but since he joined in on this here - if somehow you do want to hear what Allstar had to say to me/Virgo - PM me.

As for everything else, I'm with Panapaok.

Forum Pro
Law
how do I miss everything

Law wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 3:19 pm
how do I miss everything
you have more of a life than us.

it's a good thing.

For the record: the last time Allstar was banned I posted in this very thread a nicely packaged defense for the guy and how he has good intentions but ultimately gets in the way of himself. I suggested allowing him back, and if he fucks up badly again, permaban him. I defended him. He even DM'd me thanking me for defending him, and he promised he wouldn't backslide.

Well, as we all know, he did backslide. Quickly. His default setting is to sow seeds of discontent, constantly, with microaggressions and passive aggressive comments, then he hides before an "I didn't realize" shield every time. The thing is, I don't think he realizes. He is so accustomed to treating people like shit he's lost all awareness of that's how he treats other people.

I still don't want him permabanned over this incident. I agree with the above posts, they are fair. But, speaking for myself, he's been antagonizing me for weeks. Then, purposefully or not, said something unspeakably offensive. It was either premeditated or a symptom of a much deeper problem he can't correct. Either way, for me, he can get fucked for the foreseeable future. I can't promise I'll ever be cool with the guy. I thought we were friends.

Anybody can DM me here or on twitter or FB or whatever, you guys know I'm pretty easy going about reaching out regardless of the circumstances, shitty though this last week has been.

-Vader

I’ll just drop what he said without adding anything further myself: (spoiler tagging bc i’m on mobile and it’s long)

After having a few beers on a Friday night I logged onto to nolanfans not very coherent and about to go to sleep. I made a comment on Vader’s post without even reading past the first paragraph of his post, him calling Irishman a masterpiece, I made a snarky comment, it was dumb. Little did I know later in the post contained sad news in his personal life (I never could have expected that to be their in his review of Irishman) I woke up to my horror realizing that it did. I fully understood Vader’s anger towards me (it hurt nonetheless because it was a genuine accident) I would feel the same way but I swear this was an honest to god terrible mistake, without a doubt the worst I have ever made on this site. I would have never made such a frivolous comment had I known the post contained that. It’s simply not my character to do so, I’m an imperfect person but I am not heartless. I sent out my love to fellow member Numbers (even said I teared up hearing his story) with the situation with his Mom just a week before this incident (does this sound like the same guy?) and I of course would have offered my condolences to Vader had I known, that’s what I do...that’s what I’ve always done anytime someone shared this type of news. I hope people can believe me and have it in their hearts to forgive me for this foolish error. Even if I was cruel enough to do this intentionally I had zero motivation to do so, I was getting along fine with Vader b4 this for the most part. I understood and accepted the ban for being a total dumb idiot (mental health break from forum was needed) but I just wanted the community to know my truth. I’m so so sorry to Vader and have truly felt sick to my stomach over this. I have to learn to always read posts fully before commenting (okay unless it’s Batfan jk lol or am I?) because you don’t what what they could contain.

after reading that I feel kind of bad for dabbing on him but idk.

he's been so rude and awful to me for the past three years and just a real jerk that I don't know if I even care at this point anymore. He's made the same "idk how to read" excuses before. idk. it's not up to me anyway but I think it's pretty clear how I feel about this dude.

EDIT: about a month ago I even told Nomis that I was considering leaving the forum because of him. He just made me feel really really uncomfortable and I felt like I was walking on thin ice because I felt like I would bring out one of his famous temper tantrums without even knowing I activated it.

Ruth wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 3:53 pm
I’ll just drop what he said without adding anything further myself: (spoiler tagging bc i’m on mobile and it’s long)

After having a few beers on a Friday night I logged onto to nolanfans not very coherent and about to go to sleep. I made a comment on Vader’s post without even reading past the first paragraph of his post, him calling Irishman a masterpiece, I made a snarky comment, it was dumb. Little did I know later in the post contained sad news in his personal life (I never could have expected that to be their in his review of Irishman) I woke up to my horror realizing that it did. I fully understood Vader’s anger towards me (it hurt nonetheless because it was a genuine accident) I would feel the same way but I swear this was an honest to god terrible mistake, without a doubt the worst I have ever made on this site. I would have never made such a frivolous comment had I known the post contained that. It’s simply not my character to do so, I’m an imperfect person but I am not heartless. I sent out my love to fellow member Numbers (even said I teared up hearing his story) with the situation with his Mom just a week before this incident (does this sound like the same guy?) and I of course would have offered my condolences to Vader had I known, that’s what I do...that’s what I’ve always done anytime someone shared this type of news. I hope people can believe me and have it in their hearts to forgive me for this foolish error. Even if I was cruel enough to do this intentionally I had zero motivation to do so, I was getting along fine with Vader b4 this for the most part. I understood and accepted the ban for being a total dumb idiot (mental health break from forum was needed) but I just wanted the community to know my truth. I’m so so sorry to Vader and have truly felt sick to my stomach over this. I have to learn to always read posts fully before commenting (okay unless it’s Batfan jk lol or am I?) because you don’t what what they could contain.
But, speaking for myself, he's been antagonizing me for weeks. Then, purposefully or not, said something unspeakably offensive. It was either premeditated or a symptom of a much deeper problem he can't correct.

-Vader
PS, he also literally RT'd my Irishman thread on Twitter which includes the same post. I don't really care whether he saw or or not. It doesn't change anything. But I wouldn't take what he's saying purely at face value.

-Vader