Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I really remember enjoying Maleficent. So I was optimistic about this one, but that trailer did nothing to get my interest up. It's still early tho, so maybe they're just holding back.

Saw this today and honestly, I fucking loved it.

It was pretty on the nose with the fake news and with Pfeiffer being a Trump stand in but overall I had a blast watching this. I think I like it more than the first one.

Artemis wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 2:49 pm

It was pretty on the nose with the fake news and with Pfeiffer being a Trump stand in but overall I had a blast watching this. I think I like it more than the first one.
lolwut

Allstar wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 4:19 pm
Artemis wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 2:49 pm

lolwut
wot?

how VFX was this tho lol

I remember the first film being overly much when it came to the VFX like almost everything was animated

Nomis wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 5:52 pm
how VFX was this tho lol

I remember the first film being overly much when it came to the VFX like almost everything was animated
So I saw it in IMAX and nothing too bad stood out. The VFX do look a lot better compared to the first though.

good

I thought the all mo-cap fairies in the first film were unnecessary tbh

$36 million opening weekend while the last did $69 (nice) million opening weekend.

Kind of disappointing. I haven't really liked the Disney remakes I have seen but this one takes more liberty with the story and manages to make something original. I really loved the first one, I also loved this one a lot. It just sucks this one is getting a weak opening weekend because I think this film is a step up from the first one. It also builds so much more upon the world we were introduced to in the first film.

Current score on Cinescore is an A so some promise of good word of mouth and this having legs and international box office numbers are good. Would like to see this franchise continue tbh if they keep topping themselves with each subsequent film.

Joker is better than Maleficent 2.

anikom15 wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 7:55 pm
Joker is better than Maleficent 2.
no.