Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
October 20th, 2019, 5:12 pm
I agree with it in some cases and other I don’t. I don’t agree with it in TLJ. However, I’m sure Scorsese, Coppola feel this way about almost all Disney product, and for the most part...it’s true.
Given they've both made Disney product, I wouldn't be sure.

More was referring to modern Disney movies. They had more artistic credibility in the past then they do now.

The only major faction of Disney that is being run terribly is their own live action stuff under Sean Bailey.

Marvel (Feige), Lucas Films (Kennedy), Pixar (Docter), Disney Animation (Jennifer Lee), are all in capable hands and are producing top notch stuff on regular basis.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 5:39 pm
The only major faction of Disney that is being run terribly is their own live action stuff under Sean Bailey.

Marvel (Feige), Lucas Films (Kennedy), Pixar (Docter), Disney Animation (Jennifer Lee), are all in capable hands and are producing top notch stuff on regular basis.
Ehhhh

Master Virgo wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 5:39 pm

Feige found a mediocre formula that allows the studio to make lots of cash with minimal effort and risk-taking. It ain't reinventing the wheel in terms of visual storytelling because at best it merely looks like a tv show on the big screen.

Kennedy sadly has not managed to impress me with the newer Star Wars films. They're not terrible aside from Rogue One (which is atrocious) and I have not seen Solo but also feel no need to watch it.

Pixar's recent outings like the Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, etc. are just sequels and in the case of the Incredibles 2 it's not doing anything with the genre in a way that revolutionized it the way the original did and so I couldn't help but feel underwhelmed.

Disney Animation has not wowed me in a while, even though Disney has the money to be able to create more interesting stories and yet it always falls back on generic fairytale stuff but now it's entirely CG when something like Sleeping Beauty or even Hercules at least had a distinct style.

Also, if you noticed, noone's talking about the directors' visions with any of these films because people don't think of and discuss Disney films that way and the films don't really feel like the work of a singular artistic vision most of the time.

Overall, I'm bored with Disney as a whole and if all the stuff they owned was owned by a bunch of smaller studios it'd be better for more creative and bolder filmmaking than the company currently allows.

If Skyab can be perma banned we should def consider Batfan. He’s actually kind worse than Skyab tbh

Ken Loach gives no fucks and throws his hat in the ring
Loach told Sky News: "They're made as commodities like hamburgers, and it's not about communicating and it's not about sharing our imagination.

"It's about making a commodity which will make a profit for a big corporation - they're a cynical exercise.

"They're market exercise and it has nothing to do with the art of cinema. William Blake said 'when money is discussed - art is impossible'."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... a-11841486

They're really gonna ask every old dude director what they think about these films.

Allstar wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 7:44 pm
If Skyab can be perma banned we should def consider Batfan. He’s actually kind worse than Skyab tbh
batfan is annoying as fuck, but i’m pretty sure racism, homophobia and misogyny is “worse” than whatever he’s doing, no matter how you look at it

Artemis wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 7:48 pm
Ken Loach gives no fucks and throws his hat in the ring
Loach told Sky News: "They're made as commodities like hamburgers, and it's not about communicating and it's not about sharing our imagination.

"It's about making a commodity which will make a profit for a big corporation - they're a cynical exercise.

"They're market exercise and it has nothing to do with the art of cinema. William Blake said 'when money is discussed - art is impossible'."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... a-11841486

They're really gonna ask every old dude director what they think about these films.
Ken Loach isn't exactly the guy I would listen to

it's like a marvel me too movement