is Kanye West our generation's MJ?

A place to discuss music and video games.
talli wrote:I mean the only other pop artist to rival his greatness as a pop artist and performer is Lady Gaga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jr8ft7br8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1B2YMQNlU

these were genius

and that song Runaway is so refreshing...you dont hear pop songs so self reflective
No.

I must admit, I find his songs to be good, but MJ is a genius. Seriously he is the Greatest Musician I have ever listed to.

"no

i just cant bother arguing with people who refuse to accept the fact that kanye and lady gaga are 2 of the greatest musical talents out there"

I don't mind Kanye but calling him our generation's MJ or in the top two in musical talents out there is a joke; as I said earlier he can't sing live and uses auto-tune, therefore he isn't. Hate to burst your bubble on the Lady Gaga thing but for every person that really likes her there are four people who can't stand her. Not to mention how much of her fanbase is made up of people who love things like the Twilight movies.

By saying Kanye is this generations MJ, you're also saying he's as big as The Beatles and Elvis Presley... I find that very hard to believe. Everyone has the potential to be the next this or that, but neither of them (Ye and Gaga) are there yet. I'd say Gaga is closer though.

so who's goin?

How about both of them should go fuck themselves?

Forum Pro
Law
Master Virgo wrote:
October 20th, 2019, 12:19 pm
I like when you and I agree

who's this mchekhov guy and what did he do with the sequel

Master Virgo wrote:
October 20th, 2019, 12:19 pm
One can but another has to be exhumed for that.

Love Kanye but not much interest in going to see this.