Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I couldn't stand Pattinson when he was doing those twilight films. Now I love him.

Isn't that bizarre? Makes me realize I should appreciate the actor more than the role he/she takes.

The Special One wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 12:48 pm
I couldn't stand Pattinson when he was doing those twilight films. Now I love him.
same and i think it's because his career went in the toilet. It's like the only way to ditch that teen hearthrob image is to completely destroy your career and rebuild from the ground up. Rooting for him big time.

KDG
When you're young and need a paycheck you'd be nuts to turn something like that down, not thinking how it will stick with you like it does. He's a brilliant actor, I'm glad he's getting the proper recognition he deserves. I think Aaron Taylor-Johnson went through a similar thing when he was younger. He still cringes in interviews when asked about Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging, ha.

He didn't destroy his career. He personally decided to do films outside the studio system. And he made so much from Twilight, he had the luxury of choosing non-Hollywood movies.
If anything, he improved his career by walking away.

Ace
After spending the last few years in independent films, Pattinson is planning another zig: He’s shooting “Tenet,” a big-budget summer movie for Christopher Nolan, and he was just cast as the lead in “The Batman,” a new take on the comic-book character due in 2021. “It’s an entirely different experience from the movies I’ve been doing,” the actor said. “Normally I shoot six weeks, and now it’s six months!”

"I mean, “Dunkirk” is almost an art-house movie! Chris Nolan is literally the one director who can make an art-house movie for hundreds of millions of dollars, so it doesn’t really feel like a studio thing."
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/mov ... house.html

Ace wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:44 am
After spending the last few years in independent films, Pattinson is planning another zig: He’s shooting “Tenet,” a big-budget summer movie for Christopher Nolan, and he was just cast as the lead in “The Batman,” a new take on the comic-book character due in 2021. “It’s an entirely different experience from the movies I’ve been doing,” the actor said. “Normally I shoot six weeks, and now it’s six months!”

"I mean, “Dunkirk” is almost an art-house movie! Chris Nolan is literally the one director who can make an art-house movie for hundreds of millions of dollars, so it doesn’t really feel like a studio thing."
I like this guy.

Ace wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:44 am

he's right

Ace
Before he dons the batsuit for Chris Nolan’s “The Batman,” Robert has to wrap “Tenet,” the action epic involving espionage, time travel and evolution, also directed by Nolan.
“I’m still shooting it now,” he revealed about the film that’s shrouded in secrecy. “There are so many parts of the movie where I thought, I cannot believe this is happening. It’s just so huge, so weirdly audacious, but in the same way, ‘The Lighthouse’ is stylistically, aesthetically and tonally pretty out there. Chris does the same sort of things, but on these huge canvases. I can’t imagine what it’ll look like. But it’s going to be pretty amazing.”
In the meantime, getting buff to play Batman is on hold. “Yeah, the working out is definitely a big part of it,” he said. But he stressed, “Because I am still shooting Chris’ ‘Tenet,’ I have to wait until I’ve finished it. So, I’m finishing in a few weeks, then I am going to torture myself for a few months (laughs).
“I can’t even bear to look at the plan yet, but I am going to be doing night shoots for two months (for ‘Tenet’).
https://entertainment.inquirer.net/349 ... ghthouse-2

Ace wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 1:29 pm
Before he dons the batsuit for Chris Nolan’s “The Batman,” Robert has to wrap “Tenet,” the action epic involving espionage, time travel and evolution, also directed by Nolan.
“I’m still shooting it now,” he revealed about the film that’s shrouded in secrecy. “There are so many parts of the movie where I thought, I cannot believe this is happening. It’s just so huge, so weirdly audacious, but in the same way, ‘The Lighthouse’ is stylistically, aesthetically and tonally pretty out there. Chris does the same sort of things, but on these huge canvases. I can’t imagine what it’ll look like. But it’s going to be pretty amazing.”
In the meantime, getting buff to play Batman is on hold. “Yeah, the working out is definitely a big part of it,” he said. But he stressed, “Because I am still shooting Chris’ ‘Tenet,’ I have to wait until I’ve finished it. So, I’m finishing in a few weeks, then I am going to torture myself for a few months (laughs).
“I can’t even bear to look at the plan yet, but I am going to be doing night shoots for two months (for ‘Tenet’).
https://entertainment.inquirer.net/349 ... ghthouse-2
I cannot wait !