Peaky Blinders (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Nomis wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 4:18 pm
It's on netflix, I think I'll start watching this week. They finally decided to go with HDR yaaass
Is that what I've been noticing

This looks great. I just finished HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Forum Pro
Law
Just finished S5 .. wowzers

It was good but wasn’t it one of the weaker seasons?

-Vader

Law wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 7:37 pm
Nomis wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 4:18 pm
It's on netflix, I think I'll start watching this week. They finally decided to go with HDR yaaass
Is that what I've been noticing
I think it is

Vader182 wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 3:45 am
It was good but wasn’t it one of the weaker seasons?

-Vader
Yep, even weaker than a weak S04.

Forum Pro
Law
I disagree, the last episode and E2 were better than most television

Law wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 11:31 pm
I disagree, the last episode and E2 were better than most television
i think it is very tedious how michael keeps betraying tommy whilst making colossal fuckups along the way, meanwhile poly keeps being poorly written and doing the same in various ways, and arthur is always regressing. the characters ultimately don't learn or change much, but not in a prestige tv "that's the point" sort of way since this is so transparently engineered for peak melodrama. its very old at this stage. this season was just pulled in too many directions, too.
again i liked it, at its worst peaky blinders is very entertaining, but hopefully s6 is way tighter.

-Vader

‘Peaky Blinders’ To End With Now-Filming Season Six; Story Will Continue “In Another Form”
The Shelby family is hanging it up, to a degree.

BAFTA-winning period gangster saga Peaky Blinders is due to conclude after the upcoming sixth season, which has begun filming, producers said today. The news that Season 6 will be the last for the Birmingham clan is likely to be met with dismay by the rabid global fanbase, especially after Season 5 drew record numbers for BBC One. Still, after a long production delay due to Covid, there is solace that the team is back.

Knight says, “Peaky is back and with a bang. After the enforced production delay due to the Covid pandemic, we find the family in extreme jeopardy and the stakes have never been higher. We believe this will be the best series of all and are sure that our amazing fans will love it. While the TV series will be coming to an end, the story will continue in another form.”

Executive producer Caryn Mandabach added, “Along with our wonderful, supportive, partners at BBC and Netflix, we have been working diligently to ensure we can get Peaky safely back into production; the safety of our cast and crew is always our priority. Thank you to all the Peaky fans who have been so unwaveringly supportive and patient. Steve’s scripts are incredible and mark the end of an epic story that has entranced audiences since it first started in 2013, but the world of Peaky Blinders will most definitely live on.”

Another form? A movie?