TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
As previously reported, Tenet is being shot in several locations of South Mumbai. The team will be filming a chase sequence in and around Colaba Causeway, Taj Mahal Palace and Gateway of India. Pinkvilla had previously revealed that Nolan will be filming Tenet in Colaba Causeway at the wee hours on Monday, today.

We have now learned that Nolan will be filming around the Gateway of India on Tuesday, September 17. Sources told us that the team will be setting up for the shoot at 9 am and the stars could arrive on the sets at 12 pm to film their scenes. Pinkvilla spotted the team setting up for tomorrow's shoot earlier this evening.

We also learned that a few scenes featuring Robert Pattinson and John David Washington were shot in Colaba Causeway, Royal Bombay Yacht Club and Gateway of India today. The team also shot a scene on the coasts of the Gateway of India. About 40 boats carrying the cast and crew of Tenet were seen on the sea. We also learned that the cast shot extensively during the day.
https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment ... ime-474283

https://fenilandbollywood.blogspot.com/ ... obert.html

Lots of good info here!

"Nolan is aiming to wrap up the film’s Mumbai schedule, which was preceded by several others, including one in Estonia, by the end of this week. “The team will shoot an important sequence, in which one of the actors is expected to jump from a skyrise, in the coming days. From Wednesday, they will be shooting mostly at night with a lot of the portions set inside a room that has been rented for the film,” the source informs."

"It was 7 am when Nolan appeared on the set. Dressed in a crisp blue shirt, wearing a marigold garland and a teeka, the filmmaker sipped on his coffee while giving instructions to cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema and leading man John David Washington. The shot was fairly simple — Washington attends a call on his basic cellphone, dumps the box of the phone in a bin as he walks through the market place.

Two days in the city and it was evident that he had picked up a few words of Hindi as Nolan hollered, "Chaliye," marking the commencement of shoot. Well-known for being a rare filmmaker to still shoot on celluloid, he called for five takes of the scene before being satisfied. Amusingly, during one of the shots, an old lady unknowingly walked into the frame. The director graciously offered her directions before bidding her goodbye with a "Namaste".

As the hours passed by, the lane outside got incredibly busy. Passersby curiously looked on, wondering which Khan is shooting amidst such razzmatazz. A police van showed up at the venue to ensure the shoot was not disrupted. One of the crew members told us, "The producers have procured permissions from the BMC. They will be shooting with Robert Pattinson at the Gateway Of India later during the day. Over the next few days, they will also be filming at the Royal Bombay Yacht Club and the backlane leading up to CST." The unit's next stop, we were told, is Ahmedabad.

The shoot was over by 8.30 am, three hours before the said closing time. We asked the hawker selling earrings if he had been paid anything for being part of the shoot; he smiled, suggesting that he was not. We returned with a pair of big hoops and memories of what a Nolan film set is all about. If we are lucky, we might just make to the film's final cut."

volozo wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 3:02 pm
Pratham wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 12:52 pm
volozo wrote:
September 15th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Yup. That guy is me lol.

Okay... When he came out of the gate. He was confused. Finding his people. Finding the crew. Then he saw people holding "Merry-go-round" placards. They guided him. And then, I approached him and said to him, "Hey! I'm a big fan of your work. Loved your performance in BlacKkKansman." He's like, "Thank you!" And then, I said to him, "Hope you have a good time, here in India." He's like, "Thank you so much." Then I asked, "Could I have a picture?" He replied, "Sure."

Then we had a handshake.

He is damn sweet and down-to-earth.

I wish more people should recognize him. C'mon, he's the protagonist.
'Sup Patankar.
Hey man! :D
You really put in some work dude. Any plans for this week to hit the action at Taj? Which I think would be futile unless you can procure a camera with telephoto lens.

radewart wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 12:09 am

Lots of good info here!

"Nolan is aiming to wrap up the film’s Mumbai schedule, which was preceded by several others, including one in Estonia, by the end of this week. “The team will shoot an important sequence, in which one of the actors is expected to jump from a skyrise, in the coming days. From Wednesday, they will be shooting mostly at night with a lot of the portions set inside a room that has been rented for the film,” the source informs."

"It was 7 am when Nolan appeared on the set. Dressed in a crisp blue shirt, wearing a marigold garland and a teeka, the filmmaker sipped on his coffee while giving instructions to cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema and leading man John David Washington. The shot was fairly simple — Washington attends a call on his basic cellphone, dumps the box of the phone in a bin as he walks through the market place.

Two days in the city and it was evident that he had picked up a few words of Hindi as Nolan hollered, "Chaliye," marking the commencement of shoot. Well-known for being a rare filmmaker to still shoot on celluloid, he called for five takes of the scene before being satisfied. Amusingly, during one of the shots, an old lady unknowingly walked into the frame. The director graciously offered her directions before bidding her goodbye with a "Namaste".

As the hours passed by, the lane outside got incredibly busy. Passersby curiously looked on, wondering which Khan is shooting amidst such razzmatazz. A police van showed up at the venue to ensure the shoot was not disrupted. One of the crew members told us, "The producers have procured permissions from the BMC. They will be shooting with Robert Pattinson at the Gateway Of India later during the day. Over the next few days, they will also be filming at the Royal Bombay Yacht Club and the backlane leading up to CST." The unit's next stop, we were told, is Ahmedabad.

The shoot was over by 8.30 am, three hours before the said closing time. We asked the hawker selling earrings if he had been paid anything for being part of the shoot; he smiled, suggesting that he was not. We returned with a pair of big hoops and memories of what a Nolan film set is all about. If we are lucky, we might just make to the film's final cut."
great stuff, thanks

radewart wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 12:09 am

Two days in the city and it was evident that he had picked up a few words of Hindi as Nolan hollered, "Chaliye," marking the commencement of shoot.
Hilarious stuff

I read on twitter they are filming at the Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai.

radewart wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 5:42 pm
I read on twitter they are filming at the Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai.
Really? Breach Candy is on the other side of the city and I hadn't heard anything about any plans to film in that area.