IT: Chapter Two (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 9:32 pm
This movie did drag a lot and i didn't find the adult parts to be as interesting as the kid parts.
I guess that's also how a lot of people feel about the book the film is based on.

I haven't read the book but I've seen the same critiques of it as well.

There is one part in this movie that will become a Twitter reaction video meme very soon. So for that alone, this film will have CULTURAL IMPACT!

Artemis wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 3:21 am

There is one part in this movie that will become a Twitter reaction video meme very soon. So for that alone, this film will have CULTURAL IMPACT!
I've seen some people take issue with the first horrifying sequence of the film, which is from the book. From what I remember,
the homophobic crime that is committed in that scene is what wakes up/initiates the return of the creature in the book
. Is that how it comes across here or is the film being careless in its depiction of this kind of realistic violence that is rather distinct from the other instances of violence and horror presented in the story?

Batfan175 wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 6:02 am
Artemis wrote:

I've seen some people take issue with the first horrifying sequence of the film, which is from the book. From what I remember,
the homophobic crime that is committed in that scene is what wakes up/initiates the return of the creature in the book
. Is that how it comes across here or is the film being careless in its depiction of this kind of realistic violence that is rather distinct from the other instances of violence and horror presented in the story?
I didn't think the scene was disrespectful or anything. But at first it just plays as a people being douchebags kind of thing. I don't think Pennywise was really even influencing that based on what we see in the scene.

I've seen it two times now, and while I can acknowledge that the film does have its flaws (mainly the dependency of flashbacks), I really appreciated how it took a swing at tackling the weirder elements of the novel that most people get turned off from and embraced it.
It's interesting to see how the people are going into this expecting it to be a Horror movie all the way through and not a Sci-Fi Indiana Jones/Goonies-esque adventure flick.

I'm seeing this next Friday but I wanted to ask:
how were the de-aged kids? Nonsense as it sounds or not distracting?

Nomis wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 10:49 am
I'm seeing this next Friday but I wanted to ask:
how were the de-aged kids? Nonsense as it sounds or not distracting?
I barely noticed it. And tbf, the kids have grown up a lot since they filmed the first one so I could understand the de aging.

Batfan175 wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 6:02 am
Artemis wrote:

In the book, it talks about how "It", outside of killing and feeding off children, pervades a general negative environment throughout Derry's history, which leads towards people of the town committing horrific acts of violence against each other from time to time.

Fuck this.

Jessica Chastain has lost it and James McAvoy is surprisingly bad.

Hader and Ransone saves the day by actual giving a fuck. Both are brilliant.

This is just lazy filmmaking all around. I'm too tired to elaborate any further.

MyCocaine wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 5:10 pm
Fuck this.

Jessica Chastain has lost it and James McAvoy is surprisingly bad.

Hader and Ransone saves the day by actual giving a fuck. Both are brilliant.

This is just lazy filmmaking all around. I'm too tired to elaborate any further.
interesting... thoughts on how they handled Pennywise this time around?