Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 6:29 pm
look all im saying is ruth 2020
yes like i would actually care for you people

she's a lizard person

This is my new most favorite depressing movie :batman:

This Patch Adams sequel looks great.

Robbie Collin @robbiereviews
Joker review coming this evening once the premiere's in. In the meantime: that was a *big* round of applause.
Alex Billington @ Venice @firstshowing
There will be before Joker. And there will be after Joker. I don't know if the world is ready for this movie. Or maybe it is? It is GNARLY. It is crazy. It is audacious. It doesn't hold back. Wow. I can't believe it exists. But it does. And it's coming.
Oliver Meek @ollymeek
The problem with all the previous cinematic depictions of the Joker, is that they were never quite dark enough. Categorically not a problem for @jokermovie - fans of Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum will love this. It’s also brilliant! #Venice76
Radek Folta @Venezia76 @rdfolta
“Bring in the clowns!!!” 🤡 #Joker will surprise the hell out of people. Dark, twisted, brutal origin story of the most recognised villain in popular culture. Joaquin Phoenix adds another iconic performance to his extraordinary career #Venezia76

Hyped for tonight. Looks like they did elevate the script...

you lucky

antovolk wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 5:34 am
Hyped for tonight. Looks like they did elevate the script...
Well, Phillips did say it changed dramatically from the leaked script. Not to count obviously on set rewrites, etc. Well, those who judged the film based on the now old script must feel pretty silly now. ^^

Alex Billington @ Venice @firstshowing
There will be before Joker. And there will be after Joker. I don't know if the world is ready for this movie. Or maybe it is? It is GNARLY. It is crazy. It is audacious. It doesn't hold back. Wow. I can't believe it exists. But it does. And it's coming.
Goof.

It's a little hard to trust early reactions like this ever since...