Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Holland:

“Basically, we’ve made five great movies,” he says, referring to his appearances as Spidey in that shared world. "It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds?"
"But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life," Holland continues. "It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it. The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we’ll find new ways to make it even cooler."
source

You can see the huge difference in age and experience between Holland and Feige. Holland is all hopefull and insecure, whereas Feige is basically 'RIP Spidey in MCU but it's been wonderful five movies'.

Just a reminder, Amy Pascal was one of the first supporters of the deal and shouldn't be held responsible, but somehow is in so many tweets. People need to look at the facts.

Yeah I know, most people still blame Sony...

Besides, it's basically a soft reboot from now on. I don't know what it's like with the rights and all, if they can refer to what happened in FFH or any of it...

I mean, I guess it means new contracts for everyone they want back?

Nomis wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 8:57 am

Besides, it's basically a soft reboot from now on. I don't know what it's like with the rights and all, if they can refer to what happened in FFH or any of it...

Hmm that's a good question. Can Sony refer to the events of FFH, they own the characters but don't own the creative aspect of the movie. It would be pretty shitty from Disney if they suddenly couldn't do that.

m4st4 wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 8:40 am
You can see the huge difference in age and experience between Holland and Feige. Holland is all hopefull and insecure, whereas Feige is basically 'RIP Spidey in MCU but it's been wonderful five movies'.

Just a reminder, Amy Pascal was one of the first supporters of the deal and shouldn't be held responsible, but somehow is in so many tweets. People need to look at the facts.
It would be fascinating if Feige got so furious with Iger and Horn that he would go to Sarnoff and Stankey and said, "you've got all your DC heroes, now let's make this work!"

If he could replicate the same or similar success at WB he would be a god in the industry.

Alas, it's only another "What If" ;)

m4st4 wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 9:12 am
Nomis wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 8:57 am

Hmm that's a good question. Can Sony refer to the events of FFH, they own the characters but don't own the creative aspect of the movie. It would be pretty shitty from Disney if they suddenly couldn't do that.
Shitty perhaps, but also complicated when it comes to rights. I guess they can't just refer to any MCU character or whatever happened in the first two solo Holland/Spider-Man films.

Ace
'Spider-Man' Shocker: Disney, Sony Striking a Deal for One More Movie
Spider-Man is back in action. After publicly parting ways over a deal gone south, Disney/Marvel and Sony are back at the table and have struck a deal that would see Marvel produce another Spider-Man film for Sony. The new film even has a release date: July 16, 2021.

"I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Marvel topper Kevin Feige. "Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Also as part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will appear in a future Marvel movie.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat ... ie-1243777

I hope Sony didnt cave to Disneys demands.