TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
blackColumn wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 9:10 am
'DETECTIVE PIKACHU' CINEMATOGRAPHER EXPLAINS WHY HIS MOVIE LOOKS BETTER THAN 'SONIC THE HEDGEHOG'

"Funny enough, I was offered [Sonic the Hedgehog] and after watching the trailer, I thought, I'm so glad we don't look like that," Mathieson told Newsweek.

Mathieson, a two-time Academy Award nominated cinematographer, feels the difference between boils down to film versus digital. Detective Pikachu is shot on traditional film, not digitally. Mathieson feels this decision makes the Pokémon film stand out.

"If all we're talking about is how these two films look, our film is better than Sonic the Hedgehog and I'm sorry, I don't care who I upset by saying that, but I think it looks better." Mathieson said. "There's no reason why you can't shoot a film like [Detective Pikachu] or Sonic the Hedgehog on film. If you had, [Sonic the Hedgehog] would look more realistic. I look at Sonic the Hedgehog and I just go 'yeah whatever.'"

Mathieson pointed to the contrast in colors between the mediums as a defining factor in what makes one look better than the other. He said digital cameras don't capture colors as well, especially with blues and cyan, and reds get "too noisy." Traditional film cameras can be much kinder, once you understand the exposures.

Mathieson feels there's something about how movies used to be shot that makes them stand out compared to modern releases.

https://www.newsweek.com/detective-pika ... on-1411983
I’m fucking reporting this and everyone else should too.

not deleting any of the current reported posts but anyone continuing this bullshit topic gets a week ban bye

Mr.Plottwist wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 12:16 pm
am i the only one who thinks tenet might break nolans career or prove he is one of the greatest directors ever? Or do you think he still go something special in the future(i have no idea how he creates this complex concepts in his works). Ps. Sorry English isnt my first language
I believe his Opus Magnum is yet to come.
(I have no idea how can He top Interstellar but we'll see ;))

CASE wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 2:19 pm
Mr.Plottwist wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 12:16 pm
am i the only one who thinks tenet might break nolans career or prove he is one of the greatest directors ever? Or do you think he still go something special in the future(i have no idea how he creates this complex concepts in his works). Ps. Sorry English isnt my first language
I believe his Opus Magnum is yet to come.
(I have no idea how can He top Interstellar but we'll see ;))
For me his best was Dark Knight and Inception back to back. I think those two are all-timers.
He could be like a lot of filmmakers, and while he is regularly making really good films, his best stuff comes early in his career and he is constantly chasing those heights the rest of the time. Though, I think he has at least one more all-time great in him.

Has anyone kept an eye on the movies official pages ?
i feel like the title is spinning a bit slower, just a bit, but i cant really be sure.

Edit: also it no longer displays the "film is not yet rated" text, wich is strange considering that films are usually rated after the final cut, arent they ?

Well, the last time someone said its spinning slower I though it did. And this time again, yes I think it is spinning slower.

It may be so because we perceive things differently when we have 'info' firsthand.

As an experiment you can keep two fingers away from each other and close your eyes and imagine they are coming closer (while keeping fingers physically away).

The two fingers will actually touch and even more remarkably the second time you do this they'll touch 2X faster.

Ace

I bet that was pretty thrilling for the crew

the first trailer is apparently coming online

Nomis wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 9:55 am
the first trailer is apparently coming online
Sauce?