Obi-Wan Kenobi (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
shadoW wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 7:36 am
Wanted a movie, not a Disney+ series. 0/10 Goldblums.
True but better than nothing. I’m excited to see it but my instincts tell me this doesn’t need to be drawn out in long form storytelling.

I agree, I wonder if there's enough material to make several seasons out of Obi-Wan's story after Revenge of the Sith and before Star Wars.

I would've loved to have seen a feature film about it but Disney+ ya know

Oku
Disney being on edge about the viability of Star Wars spin-offs after Solo bombing + Disney not (ever?) having a middle-aged man in the leading role in its films -> Disney+ streaming platform = the perfect place for this

Ewan confirmed. Also...

Will be set during the three year gap in “Solo” between the opening sequence and the rest of the film.

Bring it on.

Mandalorian production quailty makes me even more excited for this.

Still no Age of "Old Republic" so I'm disappointed.

LelekPL wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 4:24 am
Still no Age of "Old Republic" so I'm disappointed.
Either B&W or Rian me thinks.

I love how McGregor got by far the best reaction on the panel. One can't help but to think that they could have actually made it work on the big screen.

Master Virgo wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 4:30 pm
I love how McGregor got by far the best reaction on the panel. One can't help but to think that they could have actually made it work on the big screen.
Putting it on the big screen easily could have worked for audiences. A mature and slow-paced Logan-style character study about Obi-Wan on Tatooine could have been Disney's hidden gem to prove themselves using boldness and creativity with the characters. I just feel it doesn't work for Disney because it's a "risk." Shame we'll only see it on small screens, but I'd take that over nothing and maybe it being on Disney+ will allow it to still be what we all wanted.