Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
radewart wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:52 pm
The way Tarantino in the quick scene portrays her as an annoying shrill woman, though, you kinda route for Cliff to do it, in a tongue in cheek way.
Wow.

radewart wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:52 pm
The way Tarantino in the quick scene portrays her as an annoying shrill woman, though, you kinda route for Cliff to do it, in a tongue in cheek way.
That's a clear enough intention behind the scene. It's supposed to be almost comedic. Theatre I was in was giggling during the scene but the tension was there. It's supposed to be this filtered tunnel vision into Cliff's brain at that point, which may or may not be like that in real life.

Ace

Ace wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Interview between Tarantino & PTA.
https://soundcloud.com/thedirectorscut/ ... son-ep-216
Great convo. Not surprised PTA was blown away by the Spahn Ranch sequence. It may be the most impressive direction of QT’s career.
Margaret Qualley, Maya Hawke, Julia Butters... in about five to 10 years, when these actresses are running the town, people will marvel that they all appeared in the same movie, ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, back before they were really anyone.
-Scott Feinberg

Allstar wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 3:50 am
Ace wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Interview between Tarantino & PTA.
https://soundcloud.com/thedirectorscut/ ... son-ep-216
Great convo. Not surprised PTA was blown away by the Spahn Ranch sequence. It may be the most impressive direction of QT’s career.
Margaret Qualley, Maya Hawke, Julia Butters... in about five to 10 years, when these actresses are running the town, people will marvel that they all appeared in the same movie, ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, back before they were really anyone.
-Scott Feinberg
Indeed, all three were great. And tbh I think Hawke is pretty much destined to be in his final movie, ideally Kill Bill 3.

This movie has such a big and great cast, and all the mentioned girls were great, but it’s kinda weird to just single out the 3 of them.

Ruth wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:03 am
This movie has such a big and great cast, and all the mentioned girls were great, but it’s kinda weird to just single out the 3 of them.
Margot Robbie, Dakota Fanning are already established actresses? Perhaps that's why.

After seeing it a second time - 10/10.

Best film Tarantino has ever made.

Bruh, I had no idea Maya Hawke was in this and I watched a lot of Stranger Things before seeing this movie.

I don't think I have any idea what she looks like.