Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
booooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say boo!

blow out fucking rules

-Vader

Nearly every story moment happens because of the ignorance (or worse...idiocy) of the characters. It has a striking visual style, and you and I both know plot is far from the most important thing, but in a neo-noir film like this, having a plot that doesn't come together in any kind of compelling way is distracting nonetheless.

Blow Out is not that much fun as the film think it is. Rather the only memorable scene is the one towards the end, slo-mo, Travolta running, fireworks, American flag in the background. Also it's hilarious to see Travolta using the murdered girl's scream for one of the films. Like seriously?

The Front Runner

4/10

Bill Burr killed his role tho. :thumbup:

Vader182 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:57 am
booooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say boo!

blow out fucking rules

-Vader
fuk yeh

Scream and Scream 2. Scream was more intense and overall felt like a film with a more serious tone. The performances in Scream also portray real people, whereas in the sequel the occasional over-the-top performance creeps in. While I like both films, I think I prefer the first film.

The Fog is simply one of my favourite John Carpenter films. I love a good ghost story and I don't feel like nowadays there are many kinds of films that build up the kind of suspense that this film offers. The last shot is iconic and makes for one of the best endings to a story like this. I can rewatch this film regularly and always get something new out of it and of course the soundtrack is a pure delight.

Godzilla - King of the Monsters
Script-wise, this is just a mess but I appreciate how ambitious it tries to be. It's visually amazing and a blast to watch. Godzilla vs Kong is definitely on my most anticipated list for next year.

🎈🎈

4N Legend wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 11:26 am
Script-wise, this is just a mess but I appreciate how ambitious it tries to be. It's visually amazing and a blast to watch. Godzilla vs Kong is definitely on my most anticipated list for next year.
I thought it was horrible visually, especially compared to the first one. Such a disappointment. But I'll give them one thing, the human characters, as ridiculous as they were, were at least more interesting than in the first one. They had agency. I mean, Cranston's storyline was really good but after it finished there was little to nothing to be attached to.

But yeah, in terms of visuals and action setpieces, the first one was much better, clearer and "realistic".

LelekPL wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:38 pm
4N Legend wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 11:26 am
I thought it was horrible visually, especially compared to the first one. Such a disappointment. But I'll give them one thing, the human characters, as ridiculous as they were, were at least more interesting than in the first one. They had agency. I mean, Cranston's storyline was really good but after it finished there was little to nothing to be attached to.

But yeah, in terms of visuals and action setpieces, the first one was much better, clearer and "realistic".
The biggest complaint I read about the visuals was that it was muddy and difficult to see, which is understandable. But shots like below were just great. The mythology of the film came alive in so many iconic shots. Shame that the film couldn't cohesively work
ImageImage