Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Sharkboy wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 1:07 pm
*sigh* relax. It’s coming online.
*sigh* I expected such a post. I’m relaxed. We can discuss this, can’t we? How do you know it’s coming online?

At this point, I don’t really care about it coming online or not. I haven’t seen it in a while and I’ll probably skip the full trailer. Right now I’ll be happy with seeing it in IMAX soon. And it would be nice if we get it on Blu-ray as a bonus feature for reference and archival purposes.

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 5:34 am
I guess if we take into consideration that Hollywood came out just a couple of weeks after Hobbs & Shaw, and they are attaching the trailer to international screenings as well where Hollywood came out just this week, it kind of makes sense for them not to release the trailer just yet. It does seem like they want to have the trailer as an "early bird" surprise for theatre goers, and for them to say that they are not going to have this online until both Hobbs & Shaw and Hollywood had their first run in theatres, I can totally accept that. I can imagine studio execs or Nolan or both saying 'Listen guys, Nolan has always stood for the preservation of the theatrical experience, we could easily have this teaser play exclusively to theatre audiences for a few weeks. We will definitely have it online after that, but maybe the trailer could have a longer run in theatres than other trailers usually have'. You know, why not. I can live with that and I think it makes sense.
Ah yes, the final stage of grief: acceptance. :lol:
I'm in the depression part, I'll join you shortly...

No, in all honesty I agree. At this point I'm almost indifferent about it. Now I'm just more interested in how far along filming is.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 1:29 pm
Sharkboy wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 1:07 pm
*sigh* relax. It’s coming online.
*sigh* I expected such a post. I’m relaxed. We can discuss this, can’t we? How do you know it’s coming online?

At this point, I don’t really care about it coming online or not. I haven’t seen it in a while and I’ll probably skip the full trailer. Right now I’ll be happy with seeing it in IMAX soon. And it would be nice if we get it on Blu-ray as a bonus feature for reference and archival purposes.
How do I know? Logic? Common sense? The fact that unless it’s a special comic con trailer there’s no such thing as a theater only trailer, especially for a big movie such as this.

I know it’s the wrong place to say this, but no matter how much influence Nolan has, this is still a tentpole popcorn movie, this will have multiple trailers, tv spots and loads of featurettes by the time it’s out, whether Nolan wants it or not.

Sharkboy wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 3:15 pm
How do I know? Logic? Common sense? The fact that unless it’s a special comic con trailer there’s no such thing as a theater only trailer, especially for a big movie such as this.

I know it’s the wrong place to say this, but no matter how much influence Nolan has, this is still a tentpole popcorn movie, this will have multiple trailers, tv spots and loads of featurettes by the time it’s out, whether Nolan wants it or not.
Well, there is now. We’re way past the logical timing for the teaser to drop online. If it does drop eventually? Great. But the word that’s floating around is that there’s no plan to release it online.

As others pointed out, it’s rear when movies get teaser out this early but not early for Nolan. That’s why everyone was going by the marketing plan of his summer movies which was very accurate until the teaser wasn’t released online shortly after it first premiered in cinemas - so plans have changed. There’s no way the studio would’ve missed the opportunity to release the teaser when the hype was at its peak. So it is safe to assume that Nolan is that powerful to say: Let’s make the teaser exclusive to theaters.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Sharkboy wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Well, there is now. We’re way past the logical timing for the teaser to drop online. If it does drop eventually? Great. But the word that’s floating around is that there’s no plan to release it online.

As others pointed out, it’s rear when movies get teaser out this early but not early for Nolan. That’s why everyone was going by the marketing plan of his summer movies which was very accurate until the teaser wasn’t released online shortly after it first premiered in cinemas - so plans have changed. There’s no way the studio would’ve missed the opportunity to release the teaser when the hype was at its peak. So it is safe to assume that Nolan is that powerful to say: Let’s make the teaser exclusive to theaters.
This is why I don’t like discussing this crap, there’s way too much baseless assumptions that get mistaken for scoop. What ‘word’ there’s nothing but speculation based on people’s impatience and frustration, there’s been absolutely no actual sources stating that it won’t be released.

Also this is an announcement teaser, they don’t do them much anymore because most studios correctly figured how pointless it was to hype a film that’s a year out. These teasers are just to let the world know the film exists. So all this bull crap about logical timing, peak hype, missed opportunity is stupid. There’s absolutely no bearing for anyone but the dozens of people on here that are going to watch it anyway.

Sharkboy wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 5:45 pm
This is why I don’t like discussing this crap, there’s way too much baseless assumptions that get mistaken for scoop. What ‘word’ there’s nothing but speculation based on people’s impatience and frustration, there’s been absolutely no actual sources stating that it won’t be released.

Also this is an announcement teaser, they don’t do them much anymore because most studios correctly figured how pointless it was to hype a film that’s a year out. These teasers are just to let the world know the film exists. So all this bull crap about logical timing, peak hype, missed opportunity is stupid. There’s absolutely no bearing for anyone but the dozens of people on here that are going to watch it anyway.
Dude, are you for real?

There's been absolutely no actual sources stating that it will be released either.

Have you been following how trailers are being released lately? A trailer gets rated to be attached to a certain movie in cinemas and then it drops online days before the first showings or right before the first showings in the US. That happened with Dunkirk. It didn't happen with Tenet. It wasn't rated beforehand (internationally at least). There was no announcement, it was just sent to cinemas.

Teasers are released to generate hype for movies otherwise they already have press releases to announce the movies and let the people know they exist. Teasers get released so they get people talking about the movie. No matter if it's a year or a couple months in advance.

Once people started seeing the teaser, they reported every where, hype started building. So many outlets starting talking about it - that hype, that exposure could've been boosted and taken advantage of (that's what most studios would do). You don't wait till the hype cools down and then release whatever you set to release. Trailers, TV spots, Instagram ads closer to release are also there to continue and generate hype. If you can't comprehend that, it's not our problem dude.
Last edited by Tarssauce on August 17th, 2019, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ali is right.

Time is running out :!:

Ace
The reason Chris Nolan's #Tenet teaser trailer hasn't come online is that, on its own, it's a giant nothing-burger of an announcement tease. That's 104% okay, and it's a neat treat amid 20 minutes of trailers, but by itself, there's no "there" there.
https://twitter.com/scottmendelson/stat ... 84480?s=21

Ace wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 6:42 pm
The reason Chris Nolan's #Tenet teaser trailer hasn't come online is that, on its own, it's a giant nothing-burger of an announcement tease. That's 104% okay, and it's a neat treat amid 20 minutes of trailers, but by itself, there's no "there" there.
https://twitter.com/scottmendelson/stat ... 84480?s=21
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. He goes on to say that neither TDK or TDKR teasers were released online. They were both released online. Such a tool.

well "groper city" Scott is one of the reigning king's of box office analysis and speculation in the entire industry so i don't know if being factually mistaken on a relatively banal point is cause to call him a 'tool'

-Vader