Disney owns 21st Century Fox Entertainment

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 1:42 am
Lol, during the very likely future antitrust suits against Disney, the Star Wars/Marvel fans are gonna defend each and every decision the corporation made, just to protect their childhood nostalgia.
What.

Alan Horn just burned/insulted Fox Searchlight, GDT, and Shape of Water to everyone at CinemaCon.

RIP Fox Searchlight

Bacon wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:02 pm
Alan Horn just burned/insulted Fox Searchlight, GDT, and Shape of Water to everyone at CinemaCon.

RIP Fox Searchlight
How so?

Allstar wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:30 pm
Bacon wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:02 pm

RIP Fox Searchlight
How so?
He said something along the lines of "We also own The Shape of Water? What was that? I never got it." I'm not sure why a company would ever sideline an acclaimed Best Picture-winning product like this in this way. It sends a bad message that the guy who said he never "got" one of the more accessible films out of Fox Searchlight is also the guy who now owns it.

Fucking yikes on a bike

Iger said he’s assigned his top film lieutenants Alan Horn and Alan Bergman to apply the same “discipline and creative standards” to the division

But hey now at least the X-Men can appear in the MCU. Hope it was worth it.

‘To me, my X-Men.’

This is terrible news obviously, but also expected.

What I’m wondering about is R-rated movies, specifically Alien franchise. But like my brother said, it’s not like Alien had good movies after Alien 3. So perhaps they create a division specifically for ‘adult’ audience, call it Fox Something.