TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
The speculation on here is almost as exciting as the movies itself, I love this community man!

Forum Pro
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 5:05 am
Sharkboy wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 1:19 am
Get off your fake high horse, same type of people love both movies if they are smart enough to have varied taste.
I don't say that same people can't love both movies. I said that in my opinion that's not the primary target audience for Nolan's movie. That's it. WB don't think the same way, their only goal is the box office.
Can you please explain the primary target audience for his movies?

If the people who saw and are seeing Hobbs and Shaw aren't his target audience then the teaser wouldn't be attached to the movie. Nolan makes movies for mass consumption, there's nothing wrong with making art designed to make the widest possible audience, whether you're talking about pop music or four quad, popcorn movies, which Nolan certainly makes.

You sound like a stupid elitist.

Joshua Strong wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 1:55 pm
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 5:05 am
Sharkboy wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 1:19 am
Get off your fake high horse, same type of people love both movies if they are smart enough to have varied taste.
I don't say that same people can't love both movies. I said that in my opinion that's not the primary target audience for Nolan's movie. That's it. WB don't think the same way, their only goal is the box office.

If the people who saw and are seeing Hobbs and Shaw aren't his target audience then the teaser wouldn't be attached to the movie. Nolan makes movies for mass consumption, there's nothing wrong with making art designed to make the widest possible audience, whether you're talking about pop music or four quad, popcorn movies, which Nolan certainly makes.

Yeah it's definitely the same commercial audience. People out here acting like only scholars watch Nolan movies.

Joshua Strong wrote:

Thank you!
In my opinion (again - in MY opinion) Nolan's movies are for people who THINK. Yes, his movies are still really entertaining with a lot of cool action sequences, but believe it or not, I know many people that don't like Inception because they can't follow the plot or even can't understand the ending. Some people think his movies are pretentious just because they can't understand the subtext of the story.
Also, in MY opinion again - his movies are for people who love cinema as an art form more than brainless entertainment and who can appreciate the good story, directing and cinematography as well as entertainment part of this movies.

I refuse to equate any Nolan's film with an superficial summer action flick.

P.S. I really don't care how I sound 8-)

Cut the meaningless back and forth.

These threads has turned into shitposting.

Bring in the mods.

MyCocaine wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Bring in the mods.
Go to Teaser/Trailer thread then - so much significant meaningful posts there.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm
MyCocaine wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Bring in the mods.
Go to Teaser/Trailer thread then - so much significant meaningful posts there.
Threads as in plural. Stop acting out and log off.

Stop it dudes. I though we had grown out of the “nolan’s movies are only for le intellectualz” phase

how about all you non-avy users get sum avys

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:22 pm
Joshua Strong wrote:

Thank you!
In my opinion (again - in MY opinion) Nolan's movies are for people who THINK. Yes, his movies are still really entertaining with a lot of cool action sequences, but believe it or not, I know many people that don't like Inception because they can't follow the plot or even can't understand the ending. Some people think his movies are pretentious just because they can't understand the subtext of the story.
Also, in MY opinion again - his movies are for people who love cinema as an art form more than brainless entertainment and who can appreciate the good story, directing and cinematography as well as entertainment part of this movies.

I refuse to equate any Nolan's film with an superficial summer action flick.

P.S. I really don't care how I sound 8-)
Newsflash. Christopher Nolan’s films are smartly made, but by no means are they the smartest films out there. He’s not exactly making high brow art house cinema like Wong kar wai, Tarkovsky or Jodorowsky etc. He makes classy popcorn cinema nothing more or less.

Your mistake is thinking one is better than the other (because those names above have also made some real stinkers amongst their classics) and this anti-blockbuster unearned pretentiousness from a lot of Nolan’s fans is exactly why a lot of critics backlash against Nolan (or mainly his rabid misguided section of his fan base)

Nolan is making popcorn flicks and he wants as many of ‘those kind of fans’ to watch it, because believe it or not, that’s his main audience.