Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Oku wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 7:52 pm
The fact that they managed to keep this under wraps (no trailer ratings leaks, no theater DCP leaks, etc.) is impressive as hell.

Maybe the fact it seems to be US-only helped?

Because we knew about Dunkirk's teaser like a week out, right, because of the inescapable trailer-rating-leaks coming from the BBFC or something?
Correct, US only, not even Canada, and set to cinemas just today.

yes, time has come....is indeed how it's written.

Just over a minute long too. Longer than Dunkirk's, seems on par really with Inception teaser from what I'm hearing footage wise imo.

Ruth wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 8:00 pm
I mean I guess I could see the possible connection/homage to Bond “missions”, but I still think it’s very unfortunate wording.
Yeah this. Even though it may have a deeper meaning, etc. it's just a bad call. It will cause unnecessary controversy and a lot of people might get really pissed off at what it could stand for.

Someone should have killed that tagline and made them rework it. Badly done.

How can we say a tagline is stupid when we don't even know what this movie is really about?

C'mon, this is not Nolan's Black Panther or something... this tagline has nothing to do with Washington's character race or something, why people see racism in everything?

BlairCo wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 8:05 pm
How can we say a tagline is stupid when we don't even know what this movie is really about?
Yeah, at least watch the thing and get the proper context b4 judging. Everyone looks hyped from it.

WB release this now, it's just going to get bootlegged tonight. Do the right thing :twisted:

sebal24 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 7:56 pm
Time IS the protagonist...
And it has arrived, to stay... For the time being. And go back!
Time would be of course an antagonist not the protagonist.

sebal24 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 7:56 pm
"Time has come"

TIME-HAS-COME.

I see that...
Time IS the protagonist...
And it has arrived, to stay... For the time being. And go back!
Exactly. Notice that it omits "The" time has come....

I'm thinking If its connected to Inception at all It will be a sort of spiritual successor. Not a full on sequel / prequel.

BlairCo wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 8:05 pm
Because when a newish to the scene black actor grabs the lead in a $250 million Nolan movie that's a huge statement, and an unusual move in Hollywood, even in 2019. And when you then tag the movie with a "new kind of protagonist" there will be people who are offended by that. And they will be vocal about it.

Doesn't matter what the movie is about. The tagline will be offensive to some. And why would you want a potentially-offensive tagline for your movie? There have to be a hundred ways you can get across what you're trying to say. Use a different one.