HBO's Game of Thrones (2011-2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 4417
Joined: January 2012
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:59 am
Funny, how they dropped that SDCC panel exactly one day before it was announced it will be the final GOT panel, leaving the entire cast to deal with one of the most awkward ‘please guys, don’t be rude mkay’ outings in a good while. They weren’t trying to save face there, just two guys being too cool for school amirite?
Funny how you just ignored the online threats of harassment and violence directed against these two. Calling these people cowards for not giving you an explanation you feel the audience somehow deserves just overall contributes to a toxic fandom. Two actors, Ian Glenn and Nathalie Emmanuel, also dropped out of SDCC. Care to tell us why they did that, since you can read minds?

Also, just so you know, putting jokes in scripts is common practice in screenwriting because screenplays are not intended to be read like novels because the people reading them are supposed to be the actors and executives, which means that jokes get included to make them entertaining for the people reading them.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55404
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:23 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:59 am
Funny, how they dropped that SDCC panel exactly one day before it was announced it will be the final GOT panel, leaving the entire cast to deal with one of the most awkward ‘please guys, don’t be rude mkay’ outings in a good while. They weren’t trying to save face there, just two guys being too cool for school amirite?
Funny how you just ignored the online threats of harassment and violence directed against these two. Calling these people cowards for not giving you an explanation you feel the audience somehow deserves just overall contributes to a toxic fandom. Two actors, Ian Glenn and Nathalie Emmanuel, also dropped out of SDCC. Care to tell us why they did that, since you can read minds?

Also, just so you know, putting jokes in scripts is common practice in screenwriting because screenplays are not intended to be read like novels because the people reading them are supposed to be the actors and executives, which means that jokes get included to make them entertaining for the people reading them.
I do not read minds, why would you say so. Is it because of my Esad Ribic’s Doom avy? Also, who is ‘us’?

The second paragraph is just ‘my daddy will beat your daddy, cuz he’s stronger, just so you know’... basically waste of time and space.

Posts: 4417
Joined: January 2012
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:55 pm
The second paragraph is just ‘my daddy will beat your daddy, cuz he’s stronger, just so you know’... basically waste of time and space.
The second paragraph is about what happens with lots of scripts and thinking one can compare novels to screenplays is a bit silly.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55404
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 6:03 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:55 pm
The second paragraph is just ‘my daddy will beat your daddy, cuz he’s stronger, just so you know’... basically waste of time and space.
The second paragraph is what happens with lots of scripts and thinking one can compare novels to screenplays is a bit silly.
Ever red a Tarantino script? Myeah.

Also, who ever said novels can be compared to scripts? Entirely different medium. But fabricate the words away. It’s not like you have better things to do with your free time. Grip onto this blind defense like it’s everything in the world.

Posts: 4417
Joined: January 2012
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 6:06 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 6:03 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:55 pm
The second paragraph is just ‘my daddy will beat your daddy, cuz he’s stronger, just so you know’... basically waste of time and space.
The second paragraph is what happens with lots of scripts and thinking one can compare novels to screenplays is a bit silly.
Ever red a Tarantino script? Myeah.

Also, who ever said novels can be compared to scripts? Entirely different medium. But fabricate the words away. It’s not like you have better things to do with your free time. Grip onto this blind defense like it’s everything in the world.
'GRRM this is not'...did you read Martin's scripts for the show to be able to compare them or are you talking about his novels?

To you it's a blind defense because you're missing my point: When people threaten harassment and violence against two writers because they're unhappy with a tv show that shows that there is something terribly wrong with the way the fan community has been engaging with this show, especially since the show that people are so passionate about wouldn't even exist without these two people in the first place. The worst place online is r/Freefolk, which is where a lot of that toxicity comes from: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama ... r/euac1ce/

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55404
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Final part is out, this one is much longer (hour and ten minutes), enjoy!


Fantastic work by Lindsay, as always.

User avatar
Posts: 42709
Joined: May 2010
m4st4 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Final part is out, this one is much longer (hour and ten minutes), enjoy!


Fantastic work by Lindsay, as always.
Inb4 Batfan

User avatar
Posts: 5212
Joined: January 2012
The number of negative hot takes on this final season is insane :shock:

I dunno, I really didn't like the last season but I moved on since. I really feel D&D's reputation is tainted forever whatever they do and any project they do will have huge negative bias from critics and fans.

Surprised to see Star Wars kept them and Netflix just gave them 200 M$

User avatar
Posts: 42709
Joined: May 2010
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 7:01 am
The number of negative hot takes on this final season is insane :shock:

I dunno, I really didn't like the last season but I moved on since. I really feel D&D's reputation is tainted forever whatever they do and any project they do will have huge negative bias from critics and fans.

Surprised to see Star Wars kept them and Netflix just gave them 200 M$
Maybe in a few years when Star Wars comes out people will have calmed down and moved on?

User avatar
Posts: 18699
Joined: June 2012
Location: Caladan
the real question is

who of the cast

will have the most successful career?

that is the question

Post Reply