TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
yeah thats right

I think the only solution is sealing it off hermetically and then focus on the sound too lol but again; that'd make the thing even more cumbersome

I'm totally fine with the combination of 65mm and 15/65mm IMAX. Regular 65 and IMAX are much closer to each other than 35 and IMAX

Yeah, I don’t mind switching between two formats either.

I think if he ever believed shooting a film completely in IMAX is of great importance, then he should hire a team of engineers and design a housing and design special rigs for it. And definitely forget about handheld. Or you know just make peace with ADR :P

Bacon wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:18 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:05 pm
"A massive, innovative action blockbuster"
Dude so? lmfao what does that change when we saw Hoyte shooting on non-IMAX 65mm?
I'm just saying that we don't know how technical exactly the film will be, and what practical filming he'll use (even if the set pictures give us some clue) but maybe he can invent some new technical/filming stuff/combinaison, I don't know.

But yes, I don't think it'll entirely in IMAX, but we can assume that it'll be even more important and substantial in this project, I guess.

An entire IMAX Nolan project will arrive one day, for sure.

I'm sure they've modified the IMAX cameras considerably in the last three years.
Even so, there's no way this is shot entirely in IMAX, unless there's very little dialogue in the film. There's no way Nolan is compromising with a shit ton of ADR.

Angus wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 9:51 pm
I'm sure they've modified the IMAX cameras considerably in the last three years.
Even so, there's no way this is shot entirely in IMAX, unless there's very little dialogue in the film. There's no way Nolan is compromising with a shit ton of ADR.
from what i`ve read and seen, the MSM9802 remains largely unchanged since the Interstellar days, maybe even since TDKR.

meshuga wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:16 pm
Christopher Nolan is shooting 'Tenet,' his upcoming action-thriller, entirely with Imax cameras, according to the giant-screen exhibitor.
Imax CEO Richard Gelfond told analysts during a conference call that his company is working to get more Hollywood directors to use Imax cameras for their tentpoles. He said Christopher Nolan is shooting Tenet — the Warner Bros. action-thriller starring John David Washington and Robert Pattinson and which is set for release in July 2020 — entirely with Imax cameras on location in seven countries.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... gs-1227998
Huge if true

Nicolaslabra wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 11:44 pm
Angus wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 9:51 pm
from what i`ve read and seen, the MSM9802 remains largely unchanged since the Interstellar days, maybe even since TDKR.
That's super surprising to me. I would've thought Nolan would push hard to make advancements in that technology. He seems like a Cameron in that way.

Although, maybe the camera literally can't be improved or built any differently, which I understand. It's one of a kind for a reason.

They did use them differently though. They used special optical lenses to shoot through the Spitfire cockpit and they turned them upside down (probably in combination with the aforementioned lol)